overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Unable to load VoodooPS2Controller.kext "Dependency Resolution Failures"  (Read 9362 times)

themusicalduck

• Entrant
I have been trying to make the trackpad on my Thinkpad T510 more functional with the VoodooPS2Controller, but if I try to load the kext using kextutils, I get this error -

Code: [Select]
VoodooPS2Controller.kext has problems:
Warnings:
    Executable does not contain code for architecture:
        x86_64

Dependency Resolution Failures:
    64-bit kexts must use com.apple.kpi.* libraries, not com.apple.kernel* libraries.

I edited Contents/Info.plist and replaced all cases of com.apple.kernel with com.apple.kpi, but got a lot more errors as a result.

Code: [Select]
VoodooPS2Controller.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.kpi.mach.
VoodooPS2Controller.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.kpi.iokit.
VoodooPS2Controller.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.kpi.libkern.
VoodooPS2Controller.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.kpi.mach.
VoodooPS2Controller.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.kpi.iokit.
VoodooPS2Controller.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.kpi.libkern.
VoodooPS2Controller.kext has problems:
Warnings:
    Executable does not contain code for architecture:
        x86_64

Dependency Resolution Failures:
    Only incompatible kexts found for these libraries:
        com.apple.kpi.mach
        com.apple.kpi.iokit
        com.apple.kpi.libkern

I'm using 10.6.6.

I'm reporting this as a bug, although if anyone knows of any solution I'd greatly appreciate knowing it.

r0m30

• Forum Moderator
    • r0m30's OSX86 site
Well this isn't a bug.  The VoodooPS2 kext you have doesn't have a 64-bit version.

You can either boot in 32-bit mode, arch=i386 in the kernel flags section of com.apple.boot.plist

or

Search the web for a 64-bit version of the kext, I don't use this kext so I can't verify/vouch for any of the kexts out there.
--- r0m30 ---
HP Mini 1033CL (Costco) OSX Retail 10.6 Chameleon-2.0-RC3-r658
HP m9077c -  ASUS IPIBL-LA MoBo with Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Retail 10.6.2 Chameleon-2.0-RC4-r684

themusicalduck

• Entrant
Well, after making the post I did have some luck booting in 32 bit mode. I had tried it earlier, but actually found the wrong boot argument and was still in 64 bit.

I can live with booting it in 32 bit mode.