Author Topic: "Extra" folder doesn't exist (iDeneb v1.6)  (Read 5306 times)

neoflame

• Entrant
"Extra" folder doesn't exist (iDeneb v1.6)
« on: January 13, 2010, 11:59:29 PM »
Hi,

I have installed iDeneb v1.6 Lite (Leopard 10.5.8) and as the option I chose to install the Chameleon 2 bootloader. This works fine except that I wanted to change the boot options like "Graphics Mode", so I look around and from what I can gather I am supposed to have a folder called "Extra" in the root of my Mac partition. This folder doesn't exist, and and I even tried visiting the old "/Library/Preferences/System Configuration/com.apple.Boot.plist" but it only shows:
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string></string>
</dict>
</plist>

Is it possible to recreate this "Extra" folder somehow, or can I reinstall the bootloader to generate the items I need?

Any help would be appreciated, as I would like to change the themes, and boot options :)

Thank you
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 12:45:18 AM by neoflame »

Gringo Vermelho

• Forum Moderator
  • The gray monster energy hat
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 05:48:06 AM by Gringo Vermelho »
10.9.5 - ASUS P8Z77-V Pro - i5 3570K - GTX 660 - Chameleon 2.3 svn-r2xxx
How to...
Install Chameleon: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,649
Make your own Chameleon boot CD: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,484.msg2131.html#msg2131

neoflame

• Entrant
Re: "Extra" folder doesn't exist (iDeneb v1.6)
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 06:20:01 PM »
Thank you, I followed what you said and have found that I was also on a MBR scheme. I have reinstalled chameleon on my mac partition and it has created the "Extra" folder, which I have now successfully customized. Thank you for your help.

Terc

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 03:54:22 PM »
neoflame,
Once you've decided if OSX86 is for you (finish trying it out with iDeneb), feel free to pm me if you'd like some help getting a retail disk install on your machine.

rocksteady

• Global Moderator
  • Root Down
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 04:57:22 PM »
FTR: You were moved here by the faq/spam filter, there's nothing to take personally. If you decide to stick around, feel free to start a genuine thread or follow an existing one. 

BTW: iDeneb and other distros are not supported here. You'll have to seek support in other forums. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 05:00:08 PM by rocksteady »
Stop bitching, start coding or documenting or both..

P5Q-EM : Q6600 : 8GB RAM : 8800GT : SATA Drives