overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Chameleon 2.0-RC4 ISO?  (Read 17297 times)

kithylin

• Entrant
Chameleon 2.0-RC4 ISO?
« on: January 10, 2010, 05:26:53 AM »
So i'm somewhat of a noob, what's this *.tar.gz thing? Where's the ISO image?

Can anyone direct me in a post or something in how to make this *.tar.gz thing into a simple standard bootable ISO image?

I've been searching all over the forums, and the FAQ and about damn near everything i can find, nothing, anywhere, tells us how to just make this into a freaking ISO (Why it's not released that way to begin with, i'll never know). I'm trying to burn it to a cd and boot to it... *Grumble*
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 05:33:10 AM by kithylin »

kithylin

• Entrant
Re: Chameleon 2.0-RC4 ISO?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 06:48:24 AM »
So i'm thrown down here without an explanation as to what i did wrong?

Lack of signature? did i violate some rule? I came here looking for help and i get thown in a f'ing hole.. nice place :(

rocksteady

• Global Moderator
  • Root Down
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 07:20:42 AM »
a) explanation can be found here

b) swearing ain't cool here

c) feel free to browse the forum and post again according to our rules
Stop bitching, start coding or documenting or both..

P5Q-EM : Q6600 : 8GB RAM : 8800GT : SATA Drives

staticanime

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 12:06:07 PM »
So i'm somewhat of a noob, what's this *.tar.gz thing? Where's the ISO image?

Can anyone direct me in a post or something in how to make this *.tar.gz thing into a simple standard bootable ISO image?

I've been searching all over the forums, and the FAQ and about damn near everything i can find, nothing, anywhere, tells us how to just make this into a freaking ISO (Why it's not released that way to begin with, i'll never know). I'm trying to burn it to a cd and boot to it... *Grumble*
Chameleon will never come as an ISO, as your not meant to boot from it that way. To use Chameleon, either build a boot132 CD/DVD/ISO with the binaries, or install it to your OS X partition, pen drive, dog, cat, whatever. Instructions for installation are in the README file in Docs inside the tar.gz file, so have a look in there.

And I can see why you got moved here, a little bit of searching would have gleaned you all that info. Anyway, welcome dude!!

Terc

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 09:35:06 PM »
For anyone that lands here after a future search.

http://darwinx86.dyndns.org/software/darwinx86_software.html

Click on BootCDMaker.

Regarding the .tar.gz "thing"
That's a gziped file (a compression utility similar to zip)
Here's some help regarding .tar.gz files in Windows.  (I assume you're in windows, because I think OSX will open it for you without third party tools)
http://tinyurl.com/ycdry5r
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 09:38:23 PM by Terc »