overdue-scratch

Author Topic: XP, Suse, OSX, Win7  (Read 3752 times)

pasta2

• Entrant
XP, Suse, OSX, Win7
« on: January 26, 2010, 04:19:08 PM »
Have WinXP and Suse on HDA primary IDE.  WinXP installed first.
Have OSX and Win7 on SATA.
Trying to use CH2RC3.

I have GRUB able to boot into WinXP and SUSE.
Tried to use BOOT0 on /boot of SUSE.
Was able to somehow bring up Chameleon and boot to OSX.

How to clean up and use Chameleon only, and discard GRUB.
I followed the example in the readme but whiped away my 2nd SATA that had OSX 10.6.2 and 10.5.8 ass well as my restore backups!!!  It was a MAC format and when I run the fdisk BANG the drive was caput to OSX.

Is there a way to copy or use a alternate boot patition on IDE.  I do have 40gig free on the IDE.  Can I make a partition for 200 meg and format it with Charmeleon and have the machine boot from it and from here to boot to WinXP, Suse, OSX SL, and Win7?

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Re: XP, Suse, OSX, Win7
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 04:37:23 PM »
Hi pasta2

There are various ways to multi-boot your system and Chameleon can be used to load them all, though I think you might have to change something on XP as it can't be booted directly from Chameleon.

I don't have all the answers for you, however by searching this forum you should be able to find everything you need. And anytime you see a command referencing fdisk or dd for that matter, be sure to read & understand exactly what that command does, and double check you have entered it correctly before running it as they can easily destroy your setup if you get it wrong.
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB