overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Creative X-Fi Extreme Audio fixing  (Read 8987 times)

joshhh

• Entrant
Creative X-Fi Extreme Audio fixing
« on: February 01, 2010, 08:07:16 AM »
I'v got a Creative X-Fi Extreme Audio by default osx shouldn't support this card but it is not true X-Fi it does'n build on X-Fi chip, thats why i'v tried to disable my alc883 and place X-Fi to PCI-e slot.

After two reboots and kext cache rebuild card showed me:

with VoodooHDA 0.22
Output
1) Line-out/Line-out/Line-out/Line-out - if I have only one jack connected to any of 4 outs I have stereo sound output, but when I connect another one to my main (green) output it works only with combination green+black connectors, all other combinations doesn't work (green+orange+grey / green+orange+black). In prefs pane there is no 5.1 or 7.1 options, only 2.0-stereo.
2) Headphones - on my card headphones links to green connector, card also has HDA front panel pins on board with Headphones and Mic
3) SPDIF-out - doesn't work

Inputs
1)Line-In - on my card Line-In and Mic connectors are combined in one and under Windows XP I should switch source type manually for mic or line-in. Line-In doesn't work.
2)Mic - read above Mic combined with Line-In and doesn't work too.
3)SPDIF-In - doesn't work

With modded VoodooHDA 0.2.52
Outputs
1) Line-out (Green Rear) - everything like with Voodoo 0.22
2) Headphones (Green Front) - should be on front panel HDA pins onboard of card inside computer
3) SPDIF-out - doesn't work

Inputs
1)Line-In (Blue Rear) - doesn't work
2)Mic (Pink Front) - should be inside computer on front panel HDA pins, in windows I can assign it to Line-In (Blue Rear) 
3)SPDIF-In - doesn't work

Is it possible to fix X-Fi in drivers and add Line-in/Mic support and 5.1/7.1 multichannel output, SPDIF i/o is not necessary but welcome too? My system are welcome for any testing builds.

HDA dump is attached below.
Abit IP35-PRO | Pentium Dual Core E2180 2.0GHz at 3.2GHz | 8600GT 256MB | 4GB RAM | 10.6.2, Chameleon RC4

blackoutfolo

• Entrant
Re: Creative X-Fi Extreme Audio fixing
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 08:37:56 PM »
Hello,

Please send  your info.plist.

joshhh

• Entrant
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 12:43:14 AM »
Hello,

Please send  your info.plist.

OK guys! Finally after a day of attempts it starts working for me with X-Fi Extreme Audio and all analog output.
I've checked all connectors - green, orange, black and grey and all outputs sound simultaneously.
And this was a good news!
Code: [Select]
<key>NodesToPatch</key>
 <array>
 <dict>
 <key>Codec</key>
 <integer>1</integer>
 <key>Config</key>
 <string>0x01014010</string>
 <key>Description</key>
 <string>Green Line Out 1/8" stereo/mono Jack External Rear</string>
 <key>Node</key>
 <integer>11</integer>
 </dict>
 <dict>
 <key>Codec</key>
 <integer>1</integer>
 <key>Config</key>
 <string>0x01016070</string>
 <key>Description</key>
 <string>Orange Line Out 1/8" stereo/mono Jack External Rear</string>
 <key>Node</key>
 <integer>12</integer>
 </dict>
 <dict>
 <key>Codec</key>
 <integer>1</integer>
 <key>Config</key>
 <string>0x01011080</string>
 <key>Description</key>
 <string>Black Line Out 1/8" stereo/mono Jack External Rear</string>
 <key>Node</key>
 <integer>13</integer>
 </dict>
 <dict>
 <key>Codec</key>
 <integer>1</integer>
 <key>Config</key>
 <string>0x01014090</string>
 <key>Description</key>
 <string>Grey Line Out 1/8" stereo/mono Jack External Rear</string>
 <key>Node</key>
 <integer>14</integer>
 </dict>
 </array>

After that I've try to figure out how to make 5.1 configuration. Goggling said me about Aggregation Device. I've try to do 5.1 output with it. All my outs works with 16bit 44khz settings, when I add it to Aggregation Device configure 5.1 and select device for sound output sound stops playing. Only changing first Green out to different sample rate enables sound, but I'm loosing ability to control sound levels from top bar and system preferences. I also played few videos with 5.1 sound and I think all speakers outs the same front channel stereo but in clone version=)

Don't know what to do with 5.1/7.1 config.

After this attempts I also tried to remap my Mic (as voodoo detects Pink Front Mic) and Line-In(Blue Rear) with simply replacing Config strings mic to line-in / line-in to mic. Reboot and Mic still not working. Switching between line-in and mic as input had no result.

Code: [Select]
<dict>
 <key>Codec</key>
 <integer>1</integer>
 <key>Config</key>
 <string>0x02a19040</string>
 <key>Description</key>
 <string>Line in</string>
 <key>Node</key>
 <integer>16</integer>
 </dict>
 <dict>
 <key>Codec</key>
 <integer>1</integer>
 <key>Config</key>
 <string>0x01813030</string>
 <key>Description</key>
 <string>Mic</string>
 <key>Node</key>
 <integer>17</integer>
 </dict>

Strange strange sound card is X-Fi extreme audio, it has 4 analog outputs on back, one analog input combined with mic input on back too, two optical SPDIFs i/o on back and on card inside PC as manual said has front panel connectors with headphones and mic.

Any help required. Please=)

As addition to the following - multichannel configuration doesn't work out of box after reboot, it starts working only when I change output source in MIDI setup from-and back to rear green, mic doesn't work after reboot too until I change sample rate for it. And finally the most bad news for me and think for others who have X-Fi Extreme Audio - with current drivers when you enable multichannel output (maybe mic too) some software may stop working. I have this problem with Adobe Premiere CS4 - it stops playing anything in its window until I revert to unpatched driver.

That's all! Until someone fix the driver X-Fi XA is not a good card for 5.1/mic.

Plist and some screens attached to post
Abit IP35-PRO | Pentium Dual Core E2180 2.0GHz at 3.2GHz | 8600GT 256MB | 4GB RAM | 10.6.2, Chameleon RC4

BoostedH23a1

• Entrant
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 01:25:54 AM »
any updates on this?

i have a asus crossfire III motherboard and it came with the SupremeFX X-Fi PCIe card.

i also have an Asus xonar 1.3 deluxe but i cant get 7.1 (multichannel to my amp) to work.

BoostedH23a1

• Entrant
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 01:53:59 AM »
Here is my Getdump