overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Creative X-Fi PCI Card  (Read 8108 times)

Lord_Jeremy

• Entrant
Creative X-Fi PCI Card
« on: February 06, 2010, 10:29:39 PM »
Hey. I was just given an old X-Fi Titanium PCI sound card. I already had VoodooHDA installed for built-in audio in my hackintosh. I put in the new card and rebooted, but my options in the VoodooHDA prefpane didn't change. Then I disabled the built-in audio in the BIOS, and now the prefpane doesn't show anything. In fact, it crashes system preferences after a few seconds of error messages about a missing registry. I've read elsewhere that people have gotten the PCIe versions of this card to work. Is there some reason that my PCI card doesn't want to work? Can I do anything to get it to work?

r0m30

• Forum Moderator
    • r0m30's OSX86 site
Re: Creative X-Fi PCI Card
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 01:06:56 AM »
VoodooHDA is for sound chips conforming to the Intel High Definition Audio standard.

You might try the kXAudioDriver here.
--- r0m30 ---
HP Mini 1033CL (Costco) OSX Retail 10.6 Chameleon-2.0-RC3-r658
HP m9077c -  ASUS IPIBL-LA MoBo with Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Retail 10.6.2 Chameleon-2.0-RC4-r684

Lord_Jeremy

• Entrant
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 07:04:25 AM »
Ah, thanks for response but alas my card is on the list of things not supported by your other solution. I get what you're saying about the HDA standard, but if the PCIe versions of the card work with VoodooHDA, why wouldn't the PCI versions works? I guess I'm asking if Voodoo supports PCI cards at all or if there's some way I can finagle it.

baallrog

• Entrant
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 03:02:59 PM »
Ah, thanks for response but alas my card is on the list of things not supported by your other solution. I get what you're saying about the HDA standard, but if the PCIe versions of the card work with VoodooHDA, why wouldn't the PCI versions works? I guess I'm asking if Voodoo supports PCI cards at all or if there's some way I can finagle it.

Hello,

I'm the owner of the Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio.
And It's Not working with KxAudio driver or VoodooHDA.

Is it working finally for you ?

Lord_Jeremy

• Entrant
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 09:29:15 PM »
Hi. Unfortunately, no I have not been able to get it working. Extensive googling suggests that the PCI card simply isn't compatible because it uses a different chip than the PCI-E card. Hopefully support for it will be available in the future...

baallrog

• Entrant
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 10:33:27 PM »
Hi. Unfortunately, no I have not been able to get it working. Extensive googling suggests that the PCI card simply isn't compatible because it uses a different chip than the PCI-E card. Hopefully support for it will be available in the future...

Hi,

Still no news about how to make working this PCI X-FI card ?

Thank you

BoostedH23a1

• Entrant
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 01:06:35 AM »
where do i find info on the pciE card? thats what i have...