Author Topic: [Theme] DType - Stylistically Simple  (Read 56320 times)

Krishna21

• Observer
Re: [Theme] DType - Stylistically Simple
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2010, 04:28:01 AM »
Perfect perfect perfect. THANK YOU A TON, and I'm not sure if its your first theme, if it is, WOW. You did an outstanding job. -Cookie-

voodoofanatic

• Entrant
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2010, 02:42:19 AM »
Enzo, this is an excellent theme and displays your great taste in style and "less-is-more" substance indeed!  I'm trying to use your theme on my Toshiba NB205 Quad boot, though my continued efforts in iResizing it for the netbook's typical 1024x600 (and preserve the quality) is quite challenging, heh. :)

Say, do you think you could provide a boot title saying something generic like "Boot Menu" ?  In any case, thanks so much!

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2010, 02:48:33 AM »
Thanks voodoofanatic =)

Changing the res in the theme.plist should do it, and perhaps coupled with the updated logos for netbook (all in the original post). Also, will update this post with your requested logo attached as soon as I get the chance to do it.

Edit: here you go: http://kttns.org/zmmju
3 Variations for you, sized for netbooks, let me know if it works out. =)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 10:01:43 PM by Enzo »

voodoofanatic

• Entrant
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2010, 07:14:42 PM »
Thanks so much , Enzo!  Logos look great and I'll definitely put them to full use.  You and Blackosx have been outstanding in supporting us grateful fans!  I only wish I was half as talented/knowledgeable as you and the many others who've contributed these fantastic themes...

BTW, for anyone interested, I did resize (using iResizer) the DType png files for my 1024x600 netbook resolution using "percentage," and I found that trimming (reducing) width to 75% while keeping everything else the same worked out a near-perfect proportional match with Enzo's original images.  Can't wait to use the theme on my desktop hackintosh.  8)

Kieters

• Entrant
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2010, 02:34:39 AM »
Hey Enzo, first of all, thanks for the great theme! Second, I'm having some problems.. When it loads it seems that it's 1/4 off screen, and I have to adjust my monitor and then readjust it again when OS X loads. Do you have any idea what the cause could be? I looked at what you said and the info on vesa monitors but I don't think that's the cause, I've never faced this problem before in any OS or bootloader. Fyi, my Monitor is a PHILIPS 170S (dual screen) at 1280x1024. Here's my boot.plist for reference too:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
   <key>Kernel</key>
   <string>mach_kernel</string>
   <key>Kernel Flags</key>
   <string>arch=i386</string>
   <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
   <string>Yes</string>
   <key>Timeout</key>
   <string>0</string>
   <key>Legacy Logo</key>
   <string>Yes</string>
   <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
   <string>Yes</string>
   <key>Default Partition</key>
   <string>hd(0,1)</string>
   <key>Theme</key>
   <string>DType</string>
   <key>Boot Banner</key>
   <string>No</string>
   <key>screen_width</key>
   <string>1280</string>
   <key>screen_height</key>
   <string>1024</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I hope you can help! :D

Thanks!

PS. I, like you, have OSX and Win7 set up - I like the 'press any key' to boot win thing, but is there a way to boot windows by pressing any key... surely you mean press enter?

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2010, 03:11:05 AM »
Kieters,
Certainly strange, have you tried other themes and have had them work successfully at the same res?

Regarding the "any key" text under the logo, it doesn't make much sense if you have Timeout set to 0 heh. I myself use a 3 sec delay.

Kieters

• Entrant
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2010, 04:41:22 AM »
The Default theme seems fine, but yours and the other I tried (big icon win7/snosx/ubuntu) both do the same thing! :(

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2010, 04:43:15 AM »
Perhaps it's only the logo? In which case you can try resizing it. Or use one from the netbook set. The default theme uses a very small logo size. The icons however, I believe are the same as in this theme.

Kieters

• Entrant
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2010, 10:51:59 PM »
I too thought this - but no, it's almost missing some background. Like I said, the default  (iBoot) one that I'm using is fine - perhaps there is some setting in the default theme that counteracts this error? I'm sure exactly sure how theming works for chameleon. I've noticed I also face this problem when booting with a few random bootable linux ditros - Ubuntu is fine, but I'm using the Parted Magic disk now and I had the same problem when I booted this - it's like the screen coordinates were off.

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2010, 11:20:31 PM »
Well it kinda seems like it is res related/vesa support as we thought originally. The default theme uses 1024x768 res. If that works, then changing this theme to that should display just as well. Though the logo might be a little big for it.

Grinid

• Entrant
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2010, 05:43:38 PM »
Great theme! thank you!
The icon device_ext3 and ext3ALT are same? I need penguin icon.
Apologies for my poor English.

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2010, 06:48:51 PM »
Wow, how did I miss that!

Thanks, Grinid. Will update the original post soon.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 07:07:07 PM by Enzo »

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2010, 01:03:11 AM »
v1.3 now
Added alternate linux icon (simply forgot to include it last time)
theme.plist configured to display 5 partitions max (was @ 2 and caused confusion)
Slight font changes, they are a little more visible now
menu_selection redone
Added alternate background image

See the new background in action!:

Download in OP and here: http://www.mediafire.com/?koznefji54n

Should the new background be the default? ;-)
Though I'd add other resolutions for flexibility, background was created for 1680x1050.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 02:53:38 PM by Enzo »

kane

• Entrant
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2010, 05:53:40 PM »
 :lol:Thank you,

hosuk

• Entrant
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2010, 03:32:22 PM »
谢谢~~~漂亮的 ~~~