Author Topic: Testing AD1981HD - HP6720s. Dump added  (Read 3579 times)

bCH

• Observer
Testing AD1981HD - HP6720s. Dump added
« on: April 13, 2009, 11:30:37 AM »
Amazing!

Theres some little thingies about channels gain, and cosmetics.

On the 'Output' section (Sound prefpane) I get many devices:
Analog PCM#0: Master
Analog PCM#0: PCM
Analog PCM#0: Line-In
Analog PCM#0: Microphone
Analog PCM#0: Recording Level
Analog PCM#0: Output Gain
Analog PCM#0: Microphone 2

And on the 'Input' section:
Analog PCM#0: Line-In
Analog PCM#0: Microphone
Analog PCM#0: Microphone 2

As you see, the inputs are 'repeated' on the Output section, and they work the same: You can change the level from your mic/line-in from either one.

-At the beginning I got very poor volume from outputs (headphones/speaker); Resolved moving the 'Output Gain' slider up (the slider seems to have only two states, 0 an 1). Still isnt the optimal volume but this is beta.
-Microphone/Line In working with 'Recording Level' and 'Michrophone' sliders turn to its minimum (just before they go muted) otherwise the sound gets distorted (overdrived). Seems 'Recording Level' slider is too sensitive.
-Microphone/Line In stereo balance not steady. Left channel ocillating in a slow 'sawtooth' form.
-While using skype the mic gain gets randomly resetted to 0 (mute). Gets back by moving the slider up
-settings get resetted after reboot, so I have to tweak the controls again every time...

External speakers/line out auto-switch is working properly.

Great work
Many thanks!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 12:40:33 AM by bCH »

bCH

• Observer
Re: Testing AD 1981HD - HP6720s. Dump added
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 12:39:56 AM »
Tested version 0.2.2
Looks much better: The clutter of devices on the prefpane is gone. Now shows only 'Speakers' as output for HP/SPK and microphone as input...but,
-I dont have any gain on the microphone (in the earlier version I can 'adjust' the 'Recording Level')
-Output level is a bit soft. I get much better output gain with the earlier version by setting 'Master' and 'PCM' to max.

Attached the dump made with the tool included on the 0.2.2 package

bCH

• Observer
Re: Testing AD1981HD - HP6720s. Dump added
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 06:04:56 PM »
The prefpane and the voodoohdahelper are a good workaround!

I made a little shell script that executes from rc.common: calls the voodoohdahelper and then kills the Terminal, otherwise you end up with the terminal app open on every boot.

The mic going 'off' issues I noticed using skype+voodoohda 0.2.1 seems to be gone with the 0.2.2 version