overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Tri-boot ubuntu on a separate HD?  (Read 2130 times)

Cactus Dan

• Entrant
Tri-boot ubuntu on a separate HD?
« on: February 12, 2010, 08:42:34 PM »
Howdy,

I've done a search here and other places, looking for an answer on how to get Chameleon 2.0 RC3 to see Ubuntu 9.10 on a separate ext3 formatted HD, but the only solutions I've found so far pertain to a single HD with multiple partitions.

My system is setup with 3 separate HD's for MacOs, Windows and Ubuntu. Each OS was installed by physically disconnecting the other 2 HD's and installing the OS on the connected HD. The MacOs drive has Chameleon on it and is drive #0. MacOs and Windows boot fine from Chameleon, but to boot up in Ubuntu, I have to press f12 at startup to get to the motherboard's boot loader and select the Ubuntu HD.

It would be nice if Chameleon could see the Ubuntu HD as well as the Mac and Windows HD's, but I can't seem to find any info on getting it to work with a separate HD.  :(

If it's not possible, I can live with the current setup. But if it is possible, does anyone know of any step by step instructions to set it up with a separate HD?

Adios,
Cactus Dan

madhias

• Entrant
Re: Tri-boot ubuntu on a separate HD?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 08:12:27 AM »
I have exactly the same question. Maybe i could try to install the Grub loader on Mac OS disk / Chameleon and reinstall chameleon later?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 08:17:12 AM by madhias »