Author Topic: Restore Chameleon after Upgrading Win7 in a Dual Boot with OSX  (Read 3912 times)

ShiftyPowers

• Entrant
Restore Chameleon after Upgrading Win7 in a Dual Boot with OSX
« on: February 17, 2010, 09:44:07 PM »
Hey all, new to this very helpful forum.   I've search far and wide for a solution to my problem that I'm sure others must have had before and solved. 

Right now I am dual booting 10.6 with Windows 7 RC (7100) using Chameleon RC4.  What I'd like to do is upgrade the Windows 7 all the way to Retail (7600) but I fear i'm going to mess up the chameleon bootloader as it is right now.  Does anyone know the steps I should follow to upgrade Windows 7 and then restore the Chameleon bootloader so that I use it to choose whether to boot windows or OSX?

Thanks!
Shifty

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Re: Restore Chameleon after Upgrading Win7 in a Dual Boot with OSX
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 06:43:12 PM »
I should imagine it should be a straightforward upgrade of Win7, then just re-install Chameleon afterwards, but I don't know for sure exactly how the Windows upgrade works.

So I recommend doing a backup of anything you can't afford to lose before you start. Then make/get yourself a BootCD or a bootable USB Stick for OS X that you have tested and know works for your system.

Only then should you attempt the upgrade.
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB