overdue-scratch

Author Topic: VoodooHDA with prefPane optimized for Snow Leopard, Leopard and Tiger  (Read 56174 times)

factory

• Entrant
Hi,
At the moment I'm using VoodooHDA 0.2.52 and everything seems good in my notebook but reading this post I want to give a try to your kext. Maybe adds more functions or as you said a better frecuency response.
After I've decompress, I've seen inside the build folder many files.

libFloatSupport.a
voodoohdahelper
VoodooHDAConfigLoader
VoodooHDA.kext

I know where it goes the kext but the others i don't.

Could you tell me where them goes?

Thanks in advance.

Greets.

cue8chalk

• Entrant
Re: VoodooHDA with prefPane optimized for Snow Leopard, Leopard and Tiger
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2010, 09:55:58 PM »
I made some updates to this driver. It's all documented in another forum (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=220707&st=0#entry1503819), but to summarize:

* Added an option to skip a device - useful if you're getting kernel panics and have more than one codec in your system (e.g. onboard sound and an HDMI output with sound)
* Added flag in Info.plist to enable/disable volume change fix (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=183321&st=20)

Full source code and binaries (for Leopard and Snow Leopard) are included.

tmacyunn

• Entrant
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 12:10:50 PM »
THanks man , i will give a try ,it cause that when i reboot my computer , the VoodooHDA will get KP sometime ,it`s so crazy.
My audio card is ALC861-VD,now i am using SL10.6.4.

nesnfsn

• Observer
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 07:43:34 PM »
I made some updates to this driver. It's all documented in another forum (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=220707&st=0#entry1503819), but to summarize:

* Added an option to skip a device - useful if you're getting kernel panics and have more than one codec in your system (e.g. onboard sound and an HDMI output with sound)
* Added flag in Info.plist to enable/disable volume change fix (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=183321&st=20)

Full source code and binaries (for Leopard and Snow Leopard) are included.

Would you please be so kind to explain how I can try and evaluate your project with Leopard 10.5.6??? I am fairly new to making a hackintosh (iPC 10.5.6 works, but want to try VoodooHDA. Also, want a fall back application in the event that I attempt to update to 10.5.7 and/or 10.5.8.

m@dmac

• Entrant
    • nen
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 04:09:47 AM »
I figured a rather strange way to remove temporarily the crackles from the sound when playing iTunes and other stuff and using an AMD processor on my ECS mobo, it is a a780gm-a, with a IDT sound chip, it says it is a SigmaTel 92HD206X, vendor id 0x83847645 subsys 0x10192816 revision 0x100402, it reads 00:14.2 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) [1002:4383] trough lspci -nn, it just might work for other as well, here is how it works:

1.- open Terminal.app
2.- type "yes > /dev/null" w/o quotes and hit enter
3.- open iTunes/Youtube/other media/games and test

funny huh? idle cpu gets crackles and busy cpu doesn't ... really weird.

bigkahuna

• Entrant
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 03:52:39 AM »
I'm still trying to 'hide' my ATI radeon hd 4870's HDMI.. and it's just not happenin'.

Any suggestions?

fidoboy

• Entrant
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 03:02:59 PM »
I've just installed this on Leopard, sound doesn't work and when trying to access to the pref pane i get an error: "can't access registry path" (or something like that)

Gravian

• Entrant
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2010, 11:36:37 AM »
I figured a rather strange way to remove temporarily the crackles from the sound when playing iTunes and other stuff and using an AMD processor on my ECS mobo, it is a a780gm-a, with a IDT sound chip, it says it is a SigmaTel 92HD206X, vendor id 0x83847645 subsys 0x10192816 revision 0x100402, it reads 00:14.2 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) [1002:4383] trough lspci -nn, it just might work for other as well, here is how it works:

1.- open Terminal.app

I know this may be a little late, but I might as well post this anyway. A more permanent solution to this is to boot the computer with idlehalt=0 in your com.apple.boot.plist .

If I understand what the problem is correctly, the Kernel drops the CPU into a low power mode when it's not being used, and AMD CPUs aren't well supported under OS X for obvious reasons, so it ends up not properly coming out of that lower power mode. idlehalt=0 turns off that functionality. Less energy friendly, but at least you can use your computer without stuttering.

kerdosa

• Entrant
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2010, 03:20:10 AM »
Hi,

The attached xcode project is compiled OK in Snow Leopard, but when I check it with kextlibs, it says three unresolved symbols. I found _lck_mtx_assert in source code, so I can comment out. But I have no idea the other two. Would any body help if you compiled it successfully?

$ kextlibs --xml -undef-symbols VoodooHDA.kext
   <key>OSBundleLibraries</key>
   <dict>
      <key>com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily</key>
      <string>1.7.6f2</string>
      <key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>
      <string>2.6</string>
      <key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>
      <string>10.4</string>
      <key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>
      <string>10.4</string>
      <key>com.apple.kpi.mach</key>
      <string>10.4</string>
   </dict>

For i386:
    3 symbols not found in any library kext:
   __ZN13IOAudioEngine24_RESERVEDIOAudioEngine14Ev
   _lck_mtx_assert
   __ZN13IOAudioEngine24_RESERVEDIOAudioEngine13Ev

For x86_64:
    3 symbols not found in any library kext:
   __ZN13IOAudioEngine24_RESERVEDIOAudioEngine14Ev
   _lck_mtx_assert
   __ZN13IOAudioEngine24_RESERVEDIOAudioEngine13Ev

m@dmac

• Entrant
    • nen
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 05:41:11 PM »

1.- open Terminal.app

I know this may be a little late, but I might as well post this anyway. A more permanent solution to this is to boot the computer with idlehalt=0 in your com.apple.boot.plist .

If I understand what the problem is correctly, the Kernel drops the CPU into a low power mode when it's not being used, and AMD CPUs aren't well supported under OS X for obvious reasons, so it ends up not properly coming out of that lower power mode. idlehalt=0 turns off that functionality. Less energy friendly, but at least you can use your computer without stuttering.

here is my com.apple.boot.plist:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v idlehalt=0</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>USBBusFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>