VoodooPower > Bug Reports

VooDoo Power doesn't load on my Vostro 1500

(1/2) > >>

DutchNeb58:
I'm in a bit of a dillema in posting this because I know that in order to get this to load I need to remove NullCPUPowerManager.kext. But although I have added psatates to my DSDT.aml and have changed my SMBIOs to Mac 5, 1...and all the rest, I've been unable to unload NullCPUPM and therefore been unable to use Power.

Is there another method that can be used to load Voodoo Power?

Superhai:

--- Quote from: DutchNeb58 on February 25, 2010, 08:30:22 PM ---I'm in a bit of a dillema in posting this because I know that in order to get this to load I need to remove NullCPUPowerManager.kext.

--- End quote ---

How do you know that?

DutchNeb58:
I was reading a LOT of forums and I'm sure I've read that somewhere.

Superhai:

--- Quote from: DutchNeb58 on February 28, 2010, 07:15:31 AM ---I was reading a LOT of forums and I'm sure I've read that somewhere.

--- End quote ---

I have also read a lot and among things I read is that the world was created in 7 days. But did you do the obvious thing... try?

DutchNeb58:
Yes Master, repeatedly, and the kernal panicked, repeatedly. I made more changes to kexts and settings and experienced more failures. In desperation, I rechecked the sometimes conflicting documentation and then, sought the wisdom of those who chart the wilderness. I realize however that if I am patient enough that the problem will eventually go away as newer models are introduced...or my bank account becomes deeper, whichever comes first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version