overdue-scratch

Author Topic: VooDoo Power doesn't load on my Vostro 1500  (Read 9819 times)

DutchNeb58

• Observer
VooDoo Power doesn't load on my Vostro 1500
« on: February 25, 2010, 08:30:22 PM »
I'm in a bit of a dillema in posting this because I know that in order to get this to load I need to remove NullCPUPowerManager.kext. But although I have added psatates to my DSDT.aml and have changed my SMBIOs to Mac 5, 1...and all the rest, I've been unable to unload NullCPUPM and therefore been unable to use Power.

Is there another method that can be used to load Voodoo Power?

Superhai

• VoodooLabs
Re: VooDoo Power doesn't load on my Vostro 1500
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 09:49:23 PM »
I'm in a bit of a dillema in posting this because I know that in order to get this to load I need to remove NullCPUPowerManager.kext.

How do you know that?

DutchNeb58

• Observer
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 07:15:31 AM »
I was reading a LOT of forums and I'm sure I've read that somewhere.

Superhai

• VoodooLabs
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 11:49:18 AM »
I was reading a LOT of forums and I'm sure I've read that somewhere.

I have also read a lot and among things I read is that the world was created in 7 days. But did you do the obvious thing... try?

DutchNeb58

• Observer
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 07:12:10 PM »
Yes Master, repeatedly, and the kernal panicked, repeatedly. I made more changes to kexts and settings and experienced more failures. In desperation, I rechecked the sometimes conflicting documentation and then, sought the wisdom of those who chart the wilderness. I realize however that if I am patient enough that the problem will eventually go away as newer models are introduced...or my bank account becomes deeper, whichever comes first.

Superhai

• VoodooLabs
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 11:49:08 PM »
VoodooPower do not have anything to do with that other kext, although if you try to use two sources of speedstepping, the result will be suboptimal, but not cause a kernel panic. If you have a kernel panic it would help me much more if you can get the panic the kext is causing, but in your case I am pretty sure it is not related to it.

And there is no mac called "Mac 5,1" and adding p-states to the dsdt will not help you in this case at all.

DutchNeb58

• Observer
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 02:17:31 AM »
Okay, tonight, using code from a similar Dell model, I was able to get SpeedStepping to work and remove NullCPUPowerManager which as I understand it, negates AppleCPUPowerManager. I am now able to load Voodoo Power, but haven't noticed any effect. Is there a user interface or Icon I should be seeing?

Superhai

• VoodooLabs
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 03:19:07 PM »
No, you are not supposed to see anything. Please, I feel I am wasting my time with you, just answer these questions:

1 - Why do you want to have VoodooPower installed?
2 - Why do you find it interesting to tell whether you loaded AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement or NullCPUPowerManagement?
3 - What is the bug?