overdue-scratch

Author Topic: [FIXED]ALC880 - Jack Detection not working  (Read 6078 times)

lebidou

• Resident
[FIXED]ALC880 - Jack Detection not working
« on: April 13, 2009, 04:34:17 PM »
Hello,

I've installed VoodooHDA on a FSC Amilo Pi 1556 (ICH7M/ALC880) with 10.5.6 and the jack auto-detection isn't working. It works under Ubuntu but never did under MacOS.

When I select the Internal Speakers Output and plug a jack in, the Speakers are muted (maybe an hardware thing) but I have to change the Output manually. For the moment I use SoundSource to do so.
I tried aggregated devices without success.

My internal mic isn't recognized at all, but as it wasn't under Ubuntu either, I guess it's a no go.

Finally, the use of SRS iWow makes iTunes crash and/or prevents it to quit.

I attached my Codec Dump
Thank you for this work!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 06:40:46 PM by lebidou »

lebidou

• Resident
Re: ALC880 - Jack Detection not working
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 12:51:17 AM »
I just intalled the 0.2.2 version,

Outputs are not all correctly reported : The Headphones Output is reported as Unknown, the nid 22 is reported as Line Out while it is not used for anything (pin caps ans pin control are set to zero in 0.2.2 dump). The internal mic is still missing (and actually doesn't appear in the codec dumps either).

The auto switching still doesn't work.

I attached a codec dump got with the 0.2.2 version wich shows more accurate pin caps and pin control values.

Despite that it's much better than Azalia or Original AppleHDA, I finally get a correct line-in!
Thanks for the effort.

lebidou

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 11:11:26 AM »
I've noticed a strage thing: when I select the Internal Speakers Output, I can't record from Line-In but sound still come from headphones (if I let the jack plugged in). If Headphones are selected it works flawlessly.

fassl

• VoodooLabs
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 11:39:52 AM »
I will look at it since i have the same laptop with the same codec (need to take a look if the dumps are the same), because here on mine internal mic is working, it's called "Mic" in Inputs and shares this device with Line-in.

lebidou

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 01:50:11 PM »
Thanx !
I've made some tests, you're right, internal mic is shared with line in, and partially works. It is actually really weak and there is a constant noise coming from it. To record a sound have to speak at less than 1cm from the mic, with input volume at max.

Edit : If I switch to an other output, no more inputs are working.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 04:37:12 PM by lebidou »

fassl

• VoodooLabs
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 05:47:47 PM »
Hey lebidou, to let Speaker and Headphones out share one entry in Sound preferences and switch automatically between them do this:

In Parser.cpp line 2876 add

Code: [Select]
else if ((id == HDA_CODEC_ALC880) && mSubDeviceId == 0x10b01734) {
switch (nid) {
case 21:
patch = "as=1 device=Speaker";
break;
case 22:
patch = "device=CD";
break;
}
}

lebidou

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 02:01:45 AM »
Thank you very much! It works!

The mic still very weak… I've tried with some audio apps to figure out how much it needs to be amplified to be usable, it's about 60db or something like that.

Thank you again ! It's so much enjoyable that way

EDIT: I've just noticed that sound is distorted when the volume low (three bars or less in the bezel). It's probably not related, I'll post it another topic tomorow
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 02:17:45 AM by lebidou »