overdue-scratch

Author Topic: When is next VoodooHDA coming out?  (Read 2956 times)

Hangampalli

• Entrant
When is next VoodooHDA coming out?
« on: February 27, 2010, 12:36:16 AM »
I'm currently using the latest VooDooHDA on my Alienware M17X, but it really doesn't work too well.  The Audio is very choppy and staticky. 

I've tried a number of different ways, installed a boat load of various other kexts, to no luck.  I think the problem is that this version of VooDooHDA is meant for stereo audio cards.  I have IDT High Def 5.1.  I'm guessing that the surround sound is sort of incompatible with VoodooHDA in its current form? 

Currently, I've resorted to using an external sound card, but while it gives good sound, there are so many other issues with that.   

I guess the only hope I have left is that the next VooDooHDA update will be more compatible with my system.  So, do you guys know if there will be an update, when it will come out, and could it fix my problem?

andyvand

• VoodooLabs
Re: When is next VoodooHDA coming out?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 06:48:29 PM »
I also had choppy audio at times...
I used my own version (0.2.2 with prefpane and AppleUSBAudio clipping routines) and it worked like a charm.
You may try this version (available from this version) and if your card is detected it should work better... (Haven't tried that kind of card)