VoodooBattery > Bug Reports

KP when on battery

(1/3) > >>

syntr0py:
Hi there,

I'm running the latest version of VoodooBattery on Snow Leopard in 64 bit mode on a HP 8510w, and it works well, except I get occasional kernel panics when on battery, which makes the kext unusable (unfortuntely, AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext is no option, either, all 64 bit versions I found caused KPs during boot). The KP looks like this:
----------- 8< ----------
panic (cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80002ccf74): Kernel trap at 0x0000000000000000, type 14=page fault, registers:
Backtrace continues
Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies):
  com.superhai.driver.VoodooBattery(1.3.2)@0xff....
    dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.3.0)@0xff...
  com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(1.3)@0xff...
    dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.3.0)@0xff...
    dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6)@0xff...

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

Mac OS version:
10C540

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 10.2.0: Tue Nov  3 10:35:19 PST 2009; root:xnu-1486.2.11~1/RELEASE_X86_64
----------- 8< ----------
Any idea what could be wrong? Is there anything I need to post to help you help me?

Thanks!

P.S.: is the source code of VoodooBattery available?

syntr0py:
Some more info:

- the machine is rock stable without the VoodooBattery kext
- VoodooBattery reliably crashes the machine when on battery, but sometimes it's right after boot, sometimes after 5 or 10 minutes
- no crash when connected to the power adapter
- got KPs with slight variations (e.g. type 6=invalid opcode instead of type 14=page fault)
- the 32 bit mode crashes with the same symptoms

This pretty much sucks because otherwise this machine runs SL almost as well as a real Mac...

Superhai:

--- Quote from: syntr0py on March 03, 2010, 07:11:02 PM ---....

--- End quote ---

I need that info you omitted from the kp. Also you can run the debug version (http://www.superhai.com/debug-darwin.html) and look for the last messages from the kext before it panics.

syntr0py:
Using the debug version, I got another KP, and I shot two pictures of it (attached). One is the output of
"tail -f /var/log/kernel" as it stopped during the KP.
Pretty weird that VoodooBattery detects two batteries. It seems my DSDT contains two battery devices (PNP0C0A).

Thanks for trying to help.

syntr0py:
It seems the forum cuts off part of my pics (at least in Firefox/Mac), but if you download them to your drive, they are complete.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version