VoodooBattery > Bug Reports

KP when on battery

<< < (2/3) > >>

Superhai:

--- Quote from: syntr0py on March 10, 2010, 04:27:04 PM ---It seems the forum cuts off part of my pics (at least in Firefox/Mac), but if you download them to your drive, they are complete.

--- End quote ---

It is ok, at least in Safari you can scroll the picture. It is interesting that it tries to execute at address 0. Either an odd jump or it might be some return address that gets overwritten for some reason. I will take a closer look later. If you have kp that differs, please post them as well. And also I recommend to change the id to some MacBook or MacBookPro and ensure that system id is set to laptop.

syntr0py:
Here's another kp, again with kernel.log.

Thanks for the ID hint, I set it to MacBookPro3,1, and I also set the SMbiosversion to some value I found on the net. Let's see if it helps.

Thank you.

JudasD:
How do you set the system id?  where can you ever read what the current system id is?  I don't see anything like that is profiler.

Thanks,
JD

--- Quote from: Superhai on March 10, 2010, 09:02:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: syntr0py on March 10, 2010, 04:27:04 PM ---It seems the forum cuts off part of my pics (at least in Firefox/Mac), but if you download them to your drive, they are complete.

--- End quote ---

It is ok, at least in Safari you can scroll the picture. It is interesting that it tries to execute at address 0. Either an odd jump or it might be some return address that gets overwritten for some reason. I will take a closer look later. If you have kp that differs, please post them as well. And also I recommend to change the id to some MacBook or MacBookPro and ensure that system id is set to laptop.

--- End quote ---

Superhai:
You find it in ioreg I think it is called system-type and should be 2 for a laptop.
Also have you changed any other ACPI related kext on your machine?

syntr0py:
Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the system type or the ID. I have them set as 2 and MacBookPro3,1, and I jut got another kp (see the attached pic, again kernel trap at 0x0).

I haven't changed any ACPI kexts. I had added AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and EvOreboot.kext.

I attached the kp screenshot, as well as an ioreg output. Hope it helps diagnose the problem.

Is there any other battery related kext I could give a try?

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version