overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Chameleon/EFI under VMWARE for Snow Leopard  (Read 6495 times)

Mayorc

• Entrant
Chameleon/EFI under VMWARE for Snow Leopard
« on: March 08, 2010, 02:34:38 AM »
Hi guys I was following the guide from Taranfx to install Snow Leopard under VMWARE, at the point where I 've to install the boot loader for improving graphics and have acceleration, the file on mediafire doens't appear to be a valid one so I downloaded the latest Chameleon and followed the Readme in this path /doc/Readme and so:

I run this commands under Terminal:

sudo fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0   (Why rdisk0, should be this rdisk0s2 ??)
sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2
sudo cp boot /

All commands seem to have executed nicely. :)

Now when I reset the computer (having removed smc indication under .vmx file to avoid Kernel Panics.
I do get a "Operative System not found" error, which is easy to bypass by mounting darwin_snow.iso.  ;)

Anyway I modified the boot.plist but didn't get any result or any hardware acceleration (I've a Geforce Nvidia 9600 GT). Am I missing something ?  :o

1)Is com.apple.Boot.plist the right file to edit or Boot.plist is another file for hardware acceleration?
2)What's the difference between the latest Chameleon RC and PC EFI 10.6 ?
3) Do I have to modify other files, please state the right paths to those.
3) How do I get this hardware Acceleration ?

I'm new to UNIX and MAC world so I want to learn about it and test it.

I post a few images of what I've done.
Profiler list the graphics card ad before, so I think there is no acceleration.
I've Vmware Tools Running pretty well and audio works.
But graphics acceleration seems to be missing.  :'(

Thanks in advance any help is welcome.
Mayorc.

EDIT:
I want to make you notice that when i reboot i don't get any boot screen as those with themes.
If I don't get the "Operating System not found" message it boots as before, like if Chameleon does'nt exist apart from the fact theat the system is more responsive at the beginning even if I'm not sure it's a Chameleon effect, cause I also set the flag on the .vmx for smc to false.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 02:57:55 AM by Mayorc »