Author Topic: ALPS Not working  (Read 3871 times)

slashack

ALPS Not working
« on: April 13, 2009, 07:01:08 PM »
I installed stock ACPI, removed all PS2 drivers and installed voodoops2controller package with trackpad. Keyboard worked, usb mouse too, but trackpad went crazy (i think there are some strange values so speed is really weird). I removed voodoops2controller.kext and installed from package without trackpad. I got keyboard and trackpad with tapping but not scrolling. So i think the trackpad plugin kext from voodoops2controller didn't worked for me (ALPS on an inspiron 1420).

Can someone confirm this, solve it, anything?

neonkoala

• Entrant
Re: ALPS Not working
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 02:06:03 PM »
I managed to install both but side scrolling and the preference panel isn't working.

slashack

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 02:22:18 AM »
Looking at the source, i've found why trackpad went crazy. 1420 ALPS uses absolut movement, not relative, that's why. If i comment the lines in the interruptOcurred method that calls the relative event with packet, and the others that checks some issues and prints Bad data, the it works just fine! (no tapping, no scrolling yet, but i'm close to solve those issues).

djkinetic

• Observer
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 01:40:49 AM »
Please if theres a way you could solve those issues to get scrolling and tapping that would be awesome, been waiting so long to get those on the 1420 .