overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Snow Leo working but USB stopped working after chameleon rc4  (Read 2651 times)

vinnie881

• Entrant
Snow Leo working but USB stopped working after chameleon rc4
« on: March 13, 2010, 09:52:09 PM »
I am a complete Noob, but any help would be greatly appriciated.

1.  My USB for whatever reason worked after I successfully installed Snow leopard via a Universal install 3.5 dvd, and applied the IOUSBFamily.kext and the IOPCIFamily.kext, but as soon as I installed Chameleon rc4 my usb mouse does not work at all (Also no flash drives work, but they're all Fat formated, so I amnot sure if they should be recognized).

2.  I am having a hard time figuring out chameleon and how to use it. 

I installed it and it's working, but here is what I don't understand.  I uncompressed it on a seperate partition then went through the steps, and it worked, but where is this extra folder that everyone is talking about?

The only thing I see is in the directory where I uncompressed the files a folder called "Optional Extras".   I've been using the Kext helper utility  to drag my kexts onto, but am I not supposed to, because it looks like people are putting some kext files in the EXTRA folder instead.  I know this is a dumb questions, but please clarifiy for me.

Lastly in the readme provided with chameleon rc4, it says to edit the boot plist located at /Library/Preferances/SystemPrefeces/apple..boot....  and modify the Kernel token key, but I don't understand what this does?  Currently I did not do that and it works fine.  Do I need this for anything/

Thanks a lot!!,  I know a lot of these questions are incredibly dumb, but I can not find anything that just explains this in laymens terms.

Thanks again

vinnie881

• Entrant
Re: Snow Leo working but USB stopped working after chameleon rc4
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 06:42:18 PM »
Incase anyone had the same issue, setting the bootflag arch=i386 resolved all these issues.  Weirdly my 64 bit applications still run fine too, so far no issues, but I still want to get it working in 64 bit mode, so if I have any updates I will post, also please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks

Gringo Vermelho

• Forum Moderator
  • The gray monster energy hat
Re: Snow Leo working but USB stopped working after chameleon rc4
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 09:56:34 PM »
Snow Leopard is not like Windows, you can run 64-bit apps just fine with no performance penalty when booting in 32-bit mode.
The only advantage to using 64-bit kernel and drivers is that it allows you to access more than 32GB of RAM.
10.9.5 - ASUS P8Z77-V Pro - i5 3570K - GTX 660 - Chameleon 2.3 svn-r2xxx
How to...
Install Chameleon: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,649
Make your own Chameleon boot CD: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,484.msg2131.html#msg2131