overdue-scratch

Author Topic: /Extra folder?  (Read 3273 times)

vinnie881

• Entrant
/Extra folder?
« on: March 14, 2010, 06:40:42 PM »
I installed chameleon, but I just wanted to get some things clarified.

I can not find any documentation that explains how the Extra folder works, where to put the kext extensions and how to install themes.

This folder was not automatically created so I assume I do this manually.  Also, in RC4 do I use a sub folder with 10.5 or 10.6 or do I just create a Extensions folder and put everthing in there.  I can not find any documentation on how the Extra folder works.   

Anway, assuming I correctly setup the folders does the bootloader work like this:

1.  Chameleon bootloader starts
2.  Checks /Extra for kexts to load instead of the ones located at System/Library/Extensions.

?

Second once I installed rc4 my USB, Battery, and a few other things stopped working, but when I use the arch=i386 flag they all work fine again.  Does anyone know what could;ve changed from CHAMELEON_DFE_FORH_HARDDISK to the RC4 version that could cause this?

THanks!

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Re: /Extra folder?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 01:39:26 PM »
Hi vinnie881

With a little searching, it's amazing what can be found in this forum.... ;)

• Documentation that explains how the Extra folder works is in the Documentation for Chameleon thread.
  • If you don't have the Extra or Themes folders then yes, you can create them.
  • I only recently discussed the 10.5 and 10.6 folders here
  • For Chameleon load order etc, searching for older posts brings up ones like this and this.

I don't know the answer to your second question.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 01:41:36 PM by Blackosx »
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB