Author Topic: Distorted audio after waking up from sleep  (Read 9075 times)

Hanx86

• Entrant
Distorted audio after waking up from sleep
« on: April 14, 2009, 11:12:13 AM »
As the title says, the audio gets distorted after I wake up my computer from sleep (Fujitsu Siemens laptop with Leopard 10.5.6, and integrated ALC883 sound card), and the only workaround is rebooting the machine. Also, Mic inputs aren't working. Otherwise, all analog outputs seem to work, including headphone autoswitching, which is really nice  :). Thank you to the Voodoo team for your hard work.

Hanx86

• Entrant
Re: Distorted audio after waking up from sleep
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 12:15:31 AM »
I've attached the dump I created with version 0.2.2, in case it helps to identify the problem.

Monkey_@@

• Entrant
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 05:50:36 PM »
I have the same problem with ALC286. How can I create a dump to verify the problem?
Leopard 10.5.7 vanilla | Dual-boot with Chameleon 2.0RC1: Vista 64-bit GPT | Brand:HP DV6663cl | CPU: 2.2 GHz Intel® Core™ 2 Duo | Memory: 4096 MB | NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M GS  | Realtek ALC268 with autosensing | SpeedStep: working | Sleep: working | Shutdown: working | Ricoh Card Reader

fassl

• VoodooLabs
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 06:11:50 PM »
Have you tried to unload and load the kext again after wakeup? This should "fix" it.

Monkey_@@

• Entrant
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 06:24:09 PM »
I've tried to use kextunload but I've got a "failed" message. Could you tell me what's the correct sintax to unload and load that kext?

TIA,

M.
Leopard 10.5.7 vanilla | Dual-boot with Chameleon 2.0RC1: Vista 64-bit GPT | Brand:HP DV6663cl | CPU: 2.2 GHz Intel® Core™ 2 Duo | Memory: 4096 MB | NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M GS  | Realtek ALC268 with autosensing | SpeedStep: working | Sleep: working | Shutdown: working | Ricoh Card Reader

fassl

• VoodooLabs
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 07:05:58 PM »
sudo kextunload .kext

As it says in the Readme it sometimes needs to be executed twice or more times so it will finally unload. Also it could be that it says failed but manages to unload it nearly immediately after, so the next kextunload command will also tell failed because its not loaded anymore. Best is to look in system.log if it finally unloaded, or search for VoodooHDA in the ioregistry.

nobb1x

• Entrant
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 08:56:06 PM »
Unloading twice did the trick, and no more distortions after that.
I'm on a ALC268 too, using the latest version i've lost both mics,while the previous let me use at least the Ext mic
To have the Ext mic in i had to raise the input volume from the "outputs" panel, i forget the name of the item now,
this item is disappeared now in the last version, and i can see only a mic in the "inputs" panel
great work so far btw. thank you

dump included if needed.

Stellarola

• Entrant
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 09:09:55 PM »
I've had a pretty good experience with this driver so far, but like others I too am having distortion on wake from S3 sleep. Hopefully this will get knocked out soon enough. :)

ALC 888 ICH9
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 09:16:05 PM by Stellarola »

Monkey_@@

• Entrant
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 09:45:41 PM »
OK, I've did the following:
Code: [Select]
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/voodoohda.kext
kextunload: unload kext /System/Library/Extensions/voodoohda.kext failed
And after that there is no device available in the pref. pane

But how do I re-load the kext once the command sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/voodoohda.kext seems not to work?

nobb1x

• Entrant
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 10:57:20 PM »
do it twice (or triple)
<ignore the error>
then
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/voodoohda.kext