Chameleon > The Black Hole

Hazard Distro, Booter Options, SMB, DSDT, the works

(1/2) > >>

bozon42:
hi,
I ve done update of my Hazard distro (10.6.2) with 10.6.3 dmg file (not the combo),
but after reboot got error:

efi_inject_get_devprop_string NULL trying stringdata
Patched DMI Table.
No DSDT replacement found. Leaving ACPI data as is
Starting Darwin x86.

This is strange since I haven't used DSDT in 10.6.2 Hazard.
Note: it uses Chameleon RC3 PCEFI_10.5.
I have triple system on Acer5220 on one disk:
 (p1_Win7,p2_Leo 10.5.8, p3_Hazard10.6.2+ non working 10.6.3 update)
Will it solve my problem if I rename /SnowLeo/Extra to /SnowLeo/old_Extra so Chameleon won't find it an goes to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist?
What should be the content of this file if I want to use 32bit mode?

Regards,
bozon42

Gringo Vermelho:
I can't tell what your problem is.

--- Quote from: bozon42 on April 04, 2010, 11:40:38 PM ---but after reboot got error:

No DSDT replacement found. Leaving ACPI data as is

This is strange since I haven't used DSDT in 10.6.2 Hazard.

--- End quote ---
It's not strange. The message says it can't find a DSDT.aml, so if you don't have any DSDT.aml that's the expected behavior.

Patched DMI table - this means your information in /extra/smbios.plist was added to the DMI table, and the devprop message means that you don't have any device properties string(s) in com.apple.Boot.plist.

To boot in 32-bit mode add arch=i386 if you're using Chameleon, or -x32 if you're using Netkas' PCI_EFI (it's not clear from your post which one you're using) to your kernel flags in com.apple.Boot.plist.

bozon42:
Hello Gringo,

/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist contains the following:

ore com.apple.Boot.plist
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>Kernel</key>
        <string>mach_kernel</string>
        <key>Timeout</key>
        <string>5</string>
        <key>Kernel Flags</key>
        <string>arch=i386</string>
        <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>y</string>
        <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
        <string>y</string>
</dict>
</plist>

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.smb.server.plist contains this:

http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>Kernel</key>
        <key>Kernel Flags</key>
        <string></string>
</dict>

I have created DSDT.aml in Leo and copied to /Extra but did not help.
Tried also options -v -f -x32/ -v -f arch=i386/-v -f arch=i386 cpus=1/ -v -f arch=i386 cpus=1 rd=disk0s3 but no help.

what is strange that when I copy back 10.6.2 mach_kernel (that I backuped), it starts up. So
for old kernel no DSDT.aml is needed.

Why does the system tries to read DSDT.aml?

Hmm, you are writing that /extra/smbios.plist info was added to DMI table. I am going to read what is inside.
Note: once it was renamed so at that time system couldn't read it - but the error remained.
Is there a way to "reset" the system or to change DMI table?

what is the order of reading com.apple.Boot.plist from directories? if there is no /Extra dir it should read
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.smb.server.plist?
What about *.mkext files or Extension dir  - in different subdirectories ? do they have impact on loading/booting?

Regards,

boon42

Note: I have also error Intel VGA Controller [8086:2a02] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) currently NOT SUPPORTED

I know I had problem to use video drivers for X3100 for 10.6.2.
For this I have used Hactrix2006 kexts :

cd /Volumes/Snowleo/System/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel Natit.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 Natit.kext

and was able to boot into 10.6.2 via option: boot: -v -x32 arch=i386
After update to 10.6.3 I tried again this method but did not help.

Gringo Vermelho:
Something is wrong. Your com.apple.smb.server.plist should look something like this:

--- Code: ---<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>DOSCodePage</key>
<string>437</string>
<key>EnabledServices</key>
<array>
<string>disk</string>
</array>
<key>LocalKerberosRealm</key>
<string>LKDC:SHA1.long_ass_number</string>
<key>NetBIOSName</key>
<string>Gringos-iMac</string>
<key>ServerDescription</key>
<string>Gringo’s iMac</string>
<key>Workgroup</key>
<string>WORKGROUP</string>
</dict>
</plist>

--- End code ---
Rename yours to com.apple.Boot.plist. Opening the Sharing preferences panel should generate a clean com.apple.smb.server.plist for you.
An unmodified com.apple.Boot.plist looks like this:

--- Code: ---<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
</dict>
</plist>

--- End code ---

--- Quote from: bozon42 on April 05, 2010, 01:14:18 AM ---Why does the system tries to read DSDT.aml?
--- End quote ---
The messages you see come from the Chameleon bootloader. I don't think you can completely turn off DSDT parsing without modifying the source code. And there really is no reason to.

--- Quote from: bozon42 on April 05, 2010, 01:14:18 AM ---Hmm, you are writing that /extra/smbios.plist info was added to DMI table. I am going to read what is inside.
Note: once it was renamed so at that time system couldn't read it - but the error remained.
Is there a way to "reset" the system or to change DMI table?
--- End quote ---
That's because Chameleon patches the DMI table even without /extra/smbios.plist. And that's the reason why your hackintosh ends up as an iMac8,1 if you don't use an smbios.plist specifying another model identifier.
There's a boot flag that tells Chameleon to leave the DMI tables alone, I can't remember what it is but you can find it in boothelp.txt that comes with the official Chameleon 2.0 RC4 download.

--- Quote from: bozon42 on April 05, 2010, 01:14:18 AM ---what is the order of reading com.apple.Boot.plist from directories? if there is no /Extra dir it should read
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.smb.server.plist?
What about *.mkext files or Extension dir  - in different subdirectories ? do they have impact on loading/booting?
--- End quote ---
Chameleon doesn't look at the contents of com.apple.smb.server.plist, I don't know why you have those files mixed up. It reads the com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra first, if there is none, it then looks for one in Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration.
I don't understand your question about the mkext and the extensions folder, please be more specific.

bozon42:
Hello Gringo,
thanks for the explanation. I have to confess that I made a wrong Ctrl-C+Ctrl-V and that's why
wrongly com.apple.smb.server.plist appeared instead of com.apple.Boot.plist in
Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration.

When I boot with 10.2.0 mach_kernel and check my /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist
it is like yours:

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
   <key>Kernel</key>
   <key>Kernel Flags</key>
   <string>arch=i386</string>
   <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
   <string>y</string>
   <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
  <string>y</string>
</dict>
</plist>

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist:

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
   <key>Kernel</key>
   <key>Kernel Flags</key>
   <string></string>
</dict>
</plist>

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.smb.server.plist:

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
   <key>DOSCodePage</key>
   <string>437</string>
   <key>NetBIOSName</key>
   <string>IMAC-0DBAAD</string>
   <key>ServerDescription</key>
   <string>bozon42’s iMac</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Now the order in which Chameleon check com.apple.Boot.plist is clear. Thanks for explanation.
There are different files and dirs in /Extra dir:
Extensions dir (AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext,AppleIntelPIIXATA2.kext)
Extensions.mkext
Mini9Ext dir (empty)
UpdateExtra.app
com.apple.Boot.plist (I already described)
smbios.plist
     (tried to change <key>SMproductname</key> to <string>iMac9,1</string> from <string>MacPro4,1</string> as appears in AboutThis Mac,More Info,Hardware Model Identifier)

but after changing back to 10.6.3 mach_kernel and booting with -v -x32 arch=i386/-v -x32/-v arch=i386/-v cpus=1 different options I got always error as before.

3 .
I checked the parameter for not checking DMI Table and tried to boot with this parameter.

I have downloaded Chameleon RC4 (Chameleon-2.0-RC4-r684-bin.tar.gz) but there is no option to turn off DMI Table. The only option is - according to /docs/BootHelp.txt:

DropSSDT=Yes              Skip the SSDT tables while relocating the ACPI tables. (tried but no help ...)

Regards,
bozon42

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version