overdue-scratch

Author Topic: A little help?  (Read 2707 times)

Frozeninreality

• Entrant
A little help?
« on: April 14, 2010, 01:33:31 AM »
Hello.  My name is Randy, and recently I decided hey...I want a mac.  Now I got ahold of 2 different disks, one is Ideneb the other is iatk?  Anyways, I tried for hours to install, changing every setting I could in bios, with no avail.  What Im going to do first is list every piece of hardware I have.

Motherboard: Biostar TA790GX A2+
Ram: 4gb Gskill DDR2-800
Video card: GTX260
Chip: Phenom II 810
Sound card: Sound blaster Live! 24 bit
Hard drives: (to be installed to) will be a WD Caviar Black 500GB, BUT Im trying a mock install to a Travelstar 80gb Laptop HDD (sata)
DVD Drive: DVD Multi+lightscribe (Not sure the manufacturer)

All of my components run sata.

Now, Through hours of tweaking I FINALLY got to the installer screen...once...but it didnt see my harddisk, and when I restarted to try again (no settings changed) I couldnt get back to it.  I see alot of "Waiting for UUID" warnings at the bottom of the list (I do -v) but I cant for the life of me figure out how to get around it.  If there are any handy workarounds it would be nice.  Or, if someone knows of a version more likely to work with my system that would be wonderful too!  Thanks =)

Lord Anubis

Re: A little help?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 10:56:50 AM »
Hi,

With Chameleon, you will use a 'vanilla' osx install, not the one's that you mentioned ( you do know the difference ). For those, you need to go to their site or to insanelymac for more information. If you want to use Chameleon as a booter ( its good to check this how it works ) then you have to use a original osx 10.5 or 10.6 disc.

Anyway, this forum is focussed on Chameleon and not directly for installments.

HTH and good luck.

↓ Previous posts leading to misunderstanding cleaned.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 07:54:43 PM by rocksteady »
Quicksilver 2002 Case - GB EP45-DS3P - 8Gb Kingston mem. - Q6600 - Asus 7300GT Silent 512Mb - 6 SATA drives - 1 IDE drives ( using F12/Chameleon for booting, not visible in OSX ) - 1 external Sata Samsung DVD - OSX 10.6.8 server retail - Chameleon 2.0RC1 + Cartri Bios