Author Topic: Problem with Realtek ALC262  (Read 6209 times)

calabuig

• Entrant
Problem with Realtek ALC262
« on: April 18, 2010, 10:37:46 AM »
Hello! I have this problem: I have a Sony Vaio laptop VGN-AR41M and a Realtek ALC262 audio device onboard. Installing WoodooHDA under SL 10.6.2 I have output sound device, my when I change from 16bit to 24bit (in the MIDI configuration SPIDF output), I have no sound. I have another MAC OS, Iatkos 10.5.7, and using AppleHDA patcher I have no problem to hear sound in 24bit from SPDIF.
Can you help me, please?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 11:54:57 AM by calabuig »

moka001

• Entrant
Re: Problem with Realtek ALC262
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 06:58:41 PM »
hi, i have a sony vaio vgn-FW21e and i'm running under snow leopard 10.6 and i cant get sound on my ALC262 , i tried to install  VoodooHDA-0.2.2 and  VoodooHDA-0.2.2_prefPane , but all that i get is a DIGITAL-OUT in the sound card configuration , speaker and mic in the voodoo prefpanel ,also i verified that i'm working on 16 bit , so please help me to install properly my alc262 sound card with the perfect kext , thanks in advance  :'(

tybytech

• Entrant
Re: Problem with Realtek ALC262
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 02:32:15 PM »
hi
i have sony vaio tz11mn with alc262 10ec with 10.6.2 vanilla snow
internal speakers, internal mic, jack headphones, jack mic
if i use VoodooHDA 0.2.1 speakers and keadphones are well detected but the mic has no use because if i go to system pref/sound/ input and move the sliders at full for mic 1 and 2 no input is detected in iChat and if i slide the imix i hear the mic that it works

if i use voodoohda 2.6.1 (and2.2 ; 2.5 and 2.6.2) the quality of sound is greater but i hear the input from the mic in speakers and headphones and the only way to stop that is in prefpane selecting microphone and slide down the Monitor and input gain...
if the PC is starting without headphones jack plugged in it makes that loop of mic and speakers ...(sharp beeeep) that makes it useless (altough i see in ichat that green as the mic it works )
i want some help at muting mic from speakers and headphones but let it function as input in chat app´s

with VoodooHDA-0.2.2.tar.bz2 i hear myself in the speakers
but with VoodooHDA-0.2.2_prefPane.tar.bz2 the mic is muted in prefpane (if i slide up imix and monitor i her sonund from the mic) and in sys pref/sound/input select Mic are no indication of mic working so its of no use in ichat (no given option to select input output and no green indicator of mic input)

maybe attachements say´s better than my englih...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 03:42:23 PM by tybytech »