overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Random pmap_flush_tlbs panics at boot  (Read 7557 times)

sashabe

• Entrant
Random pmap_flush_tlbs panics at boot
« on: May 09, 2010, 02:08:38 PM »
I've got kernel panics with 10.5.7 system (iAtkos v7 based), on Asus M50S laptop.
Every second or third time the booting process ends with the error message "Please contact Voodoo Software".
Here's the text (partially):

Code: [Select]
panic (cpu caller 0x001949BD): "pmap_flush_tlbs () timeout:" "cpu (s) falling to respond to interrupts, pmap = 0x650600 cpus_to_respond = 0x1" @ / sourcecache/xnu/xnu-1228.12.14/osfmk/i386/pmap. c: 4582
BSD process name Corresponding to current thead: kernel_task

Screenshot is in the attachment.

IF voodoops2controller is removed, no panics (at least i tried to check 10 or 11 times). But no keyboard and trackpad then! The whole experience voodoops2 gives is beyond praise, but these panics bug me enourmously.
Would be grateful for any help guys.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 02:24:05 PM by sashabe »

rodomar705

• Entrant
Re: Random pmap_flush_tlbs panics at boot
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 09:14:38 AM »
I've the same issue with Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and voodoo kernel. For me is blocking on:
Code: [Select]
created /dev/ps2controller
using new..."and something", he stucks here for two or three seconds and panics appear(cpu caller 1.... cpu(s) failed to respond to interrupts...etc)

That error is casual, and he is caused by voodoops2controller because without it the system works perfectly.

Can anyone tell me what caused this error?

PS:
The library connect to this panic is AppleACPIPlatform, with other two dependencies, i think about IOpcifamily and something else...

sashabe

• Entrant
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 07:27:30 AM »
I tried to remove some of the VoodooPS2 plugins - for keyboard and mouse, which are located inside the kext, but to no avail. The trackpad driver has unique features, which i don't want to lose yet.

rodomar705

• Entrant
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 09:44:53 AM »
I'm searching on many forums, but i can't find a solution. I've found a kext of voodoops2controller that don't create panic but it create a system stuck in that point 4 times on 5.For this reason i decided to keep, for now, the kext that create panic (1 times to 5).I'm searching on insanelymac forum but i can't find a solution, it seems that we are the only infortunate.I keep searching, sorry for my bad english, i'm italian ::).

sashabe

• Entrant
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 09:54:35 AM »
Well, i speak italian....) I'll be searching too for the solution, for now this and "no-bluetooth-after-sleep" are the only serious problems on my hackintosh.

rodomar705

• Entrant
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 06:04:05 PM »
how do you activate the sleep?

For me is blocking everytimes go to sleep...

sashabe

• Entrant
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 07:49:44 AM »
Sleep works with my system OOB. See here

rodomar705

• Entrant
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 10:57:16 AM »
In my hackintosh don't work the ShutDown-Restart (it's stuck on black screen and the led and the processor fun powered on), the sleep (i've tryed a lot of kext and 9 times to 10 they cause kernel panic, the only that don't cause kernel panic is the sleepenabler for 10.3.0 kernel but it not work), the random kernel panic at boot, the opical drive and the virtualization (when i start a virual machine, kernel panic).If you can help me with useful information, thanks a lot. My laptop is this:(http://www.packardbell.it/showroom/notebook/easynote-tj/easynote-tj65-cu-108it-LX.BFF02.014-1700.html)

rodomar705

• Entrant
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 04:05:45 PM »
i think i've fixed the problem... if you have delete applehpet.kext, the problem is that deleted kext. see here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t21002.html