A preference pane has been added, you are able to control your mixer settings (The mixer devices you had in input/output preferences with version 0.2.1) there.
To be able to use this modifications:
- Install and load new VoodooHDA.kext.
- Double-click the shipped VoodooHDA.prefPane to install it.
- Adjust the mixer devices as it suits for you and close the preference pane to save the settings.
- Add voodoohdahelper tool to Login Items (Users preferenence pane; Tab "Login Items") to let it reload your settings after reboot.
- To get your codec dump use the shipped voodoohdahelper tool with -dump flag (./voodoohdahelper -dump)
Note that this driver is still in experimental stage, so for testing and bug reporting only.
Use the shipped getdump tool to post your Codec dump for bug reporting. (Be sure to have VoodooHDA loaded when executing this tool)
* mute controls implemented
* seperate left/right audio level controls implemented
* showing just one device for each input/output in Sound preference pane
* minor source clean-up in preparation for release
* synchronized sources with hdac cvs revision 20090401_0132 (numerous codec-specific fixes, more
controller/codec ids, improved widget parsing, cosmetic fixes)
* new message logging system, can be adjusted with VoodooHDAVerboseLevel setting in Info.plist;
overview follows, each level is inclusive of previous one
0: quiet (except codec/controller id info at init, all errors)
1: verbose init messages, audio engine/control debugging
2: codec dump
3: interrupt stats
4: lock debugging
* support for multiple sample rates and bit depths (16, 24, and 32-bit)
* new audio controls in sound preference pane, separate selector for each logical oss control;
each logical pcm device correponds to pcmN devices as with freebsd hdac (check codec dump for
information on configurations) - this is temporary until a hal plugin is implemented which
will allow better organization of controls
* synchronized sources with latest hdac cvs revision 20081226_0122 (new controller and codec ids,
also some special handling in parser for ad1986a)
* implemented user client and included tool (getdump) for obtaining codec dump
* many internal fixes and improvements as well as massive source cleanup