Author Topic: Chameleon not booting correctly from external USB DVD-ROM  (Read 2663 times)

labecula

• Entrant
Chameleon not booting correctly from external USB DVD-ROM
« on: May 18, 2010, 07:18:40 PM »
Having some Problems. Booting from an external USB-DVD-ROM Drive runs perfect. But after starting the Chameleon Bootloader from the DVD, i want to boot the System-Software from the same DVD. But Chameleon does not recognize the external USB Drive, showing only the inernal Partitions of the HD´s. Is Chameleon not capable of booting Systems from external USB-Drives?

Thanks fr your help!

Gringo Vermelho

• Forum Moderator
  • The gray monster energy hat
Re: Chameleon not booting correctly from external USB DVD-ROM
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 07:22:50 PM »
Try adding USBBusFix=y to /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist on your boot CD.

Does your BIOS have settings for "USB emulation" or words to that effect? In my BIOS, when a drive is connected to the USB port I can set "floppy emulation" and "CD emulation" (don't remember the exact words). If you see something like ATAPI or CD emulation, try activating it.
10.9.5 - ASUS P8Z77-V Pro - i5 3570K - GTX 660 - Chameleon 2.3 svn-r2xxx
How to...
Install Chameleon: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,649
Make your own Chameleon boot CD: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,484.msg2131.html#msg2131

labecula

• Entrant
Re: Chameleon not booting correctly from external USB DVD-ROM
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 07:32:20 PM »
My BIOS has multiple USB-Boot-Enablers like USB-FDD, USB-HDD and USB-CD-ROM. Maybe its a simple Emulation internaly, but yes it recognizes the DVD-ROM as a bootable Device and of course, it´s simply booting the DVD with Chameleon. But after booting Chameleon itself, the bootloader does not recognize the external USB-DVD-ROM... that´s bit strange for me...  :o

P.S. Tried to Edit the .plist in the "Extra"-Folder using Win7, but there was no Entry in it... No .plist, nothing... Is it possible to do it from the Chameleon GUI after booting it?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 07:42:04 PM by labecula »