VoodooBattery > Bug Reports

Battery icon doesn't change when I plug power cord

(1/3) > >>

factory:
Hi Superhai!
I'm having a problem with this kext. When I've booted with battery, this icon appears after the finder starts but when I plugged the power cord, this icon never changes. The same happens when I've booted with power cord.
At the moment the only solution I've found was replace the kext with the debug kext.
Now when the kext's are loading and the VoodooBattery.kext (1.3.3 / taken from your site) loads, sometimes it gives KP. But when the VoodooBattery's loaded correctly the icon works very good and change when I plugged the power cord.
When I have a KP, the only solution is to boot with -f

My system use RC5 r11 v156 bootloader (the same occurs with other boatloader), Snow Leopard 10.6.3 in 64 Bits, Nvidia GT 110M & a patched DSDT.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Greets.

Superhai:
The kernel.log is too short for any diagnostic. Also without the kp I can't tell what is causing it. Also always post a kextstat from a situation that is not working as expected.

factory:
Here you have a longer kernel.log and kextstat but I don't know how to copy the KP data because it occurs at boot.
For example, today I've started my notebook and the first time it gave me a KP then I restarted again an everything was fine.
Of course the VoodooBattery.kext is debug version.

Thanks in advance.

Greets.

Superhai:
There is nothing in the log that suggest that it is not able to detect AC connected or not, neither when started on battery or AC.

factory:
Hi Superhai, I know.. I'm with you but if I use VoodooBattery.kext (1.3.3) in general doesn't detect the change from battery to power cord or the other way. For example, if I've booted with power cord, all the session will be with the power cord icon and the system thinks it's connected to power and if I've booted with battery the same happens.
Since two days, I'm using VoodooBattery.kext (Debug 1.3.3) and most of the times the system boot fine without a KP and always the battery changes to power cord as necessary.
Do you think it's a matter of time? I mean, a delay in the detection of the battery and power at boot time? Because I've seen it takes more seconds with the debug version?

Thanks in advance.

Greets.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version