overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Battery icon doesn't change when I plug power cord  (Read 11902 times)

factory

• Entrant
Battery icon doesn't change when I plug power cord
« on: May 21, 2010, 02:39:17 AM »
Hi Superhai!
I'm having a problem with this kext. When I've booted with battery, this icon appears after the finder starts but when I plugged the power cord, this icon never changes. The same happens when I've booted with power cord.
At the moment the only solution I've found was replace the kext with the debug kext.
Now when the kext's are loading and the VoodooBattery.kext (1.3.3 / taken from your site) loads, sometimes it gives KP. But when the VoodooBattery's loaded correctly the icon works very good and change when I plugged the power cord.
When I have a KP, the only solution is to boot with -f

My system use RC5 r11 v156 bootloader (the same occurs with other boatloader), Snow Leopard 10.6.3 in 64 Bits, Nvidia GT 110M & a patched DSDT.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Greets.

Superhai

• VoodooLabs
Re: Battery icon doesn't change when I plug power cord
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 02:43:13 PM »
The kernel.log is too short for any diagnostic. Also without the kp I can't tell what is causing it. Also always post a kextstat from a situation that is not working as expected.

factory

• Entrant
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 03:18:46 PM »
Here you have a longer kernel.log and kextstat but I don't know how to copy the KP data because it occurs at boot.
For example, today I've started my notebook and the first time it gave me a KP then I restarted again an everything was fine.
Of course the VoodooBattery.kext is debug version.

Thanks in advance.

Greets.

Superhai

• VoodooLabs
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 03:52:59 AM »
There is nothing in the log that suggest that it is not able to detect AC connected or not, neither when started on battery or AC.

factory

• Entrant
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 06:09:09 AM »
Hi Superhai, I know.. I'm with you but if I use VoodooBattery.kext (1.3.3) in general doesn't detect the change from battery to power cord or the other way. For example, if I've booted with power cord, all the session will be with the power cord icon and the system thinks it's connected to power and if I've booted with battery the same happens.
Since two days, I'm using VoodooBattery.kext (Debug 1.3.3) and most of the times the system boot fine without a KP and always the battery changes to power cord as necessary.
Do you think it's a matter of time? I mean, a delay in the detection of the battery and power at boot time? Because I've seen it takes more seconds with the debug version?

Thanks in advance.

Greets.

Superhai

• VoodooLabs
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 02:53:05 PM »
I cannot recreate this so I am not able to find any error. And without the KP I can't do anything in that regard. I will take a look at the AC detection code - you seem to be missing the AC device in your DSDT, but there is no reason why debug version should act different from release - except some other systemic errors you might have, which I cannot fix for you.

factory

• Entrant
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 04:45:15 PM »
ok, I'll try to take a picture of the next KP.

Thanks for your support.

Greets.

factory

• Entrant
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 06:49:21 PM »
Hi Superhai,
Yesterday I've install again VoodooBattery.kext (1.3.3 but not debug version) and today after I've started the notebook the problem comes again. I've booted with power cord connected and if I take out to start using battery, the icon is the same, doesn't change to battery icon.
This is the problem I have. If I use debug version, everything is fine, with normal version it's not.

I've attached all the possible info that maybe helps to give me a hand.

Thanks in advance.

Greets.

PS: I think the KP I's having is cause by the graphic card inject.

factory

• Entrant
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 05:36:25 AM »
Hi Superhai! are you reading this post or not? I've came to a conclusion..

1) The KP dissapear booting in 32 bits, I think it was a problem a graphic card inject.

2) If I've used a debug version of VoodooBattery everything is fine (when I'm on battery, the icon is correct and when I'm with power cord, the icon is correct also)

3) If I've used the normal version (1.3.3), if I've booted with power cord, the icon will be the same either If I've changed to battery. The same happens If I've booted with battery power.

Could you make a small debug version of VoodooBattery just to find what is causing the failure using normal and success using debug?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Do you know why the battery isn't recognize with iStat software?

toadspit

• Entrant
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 12:58:21 PM »
Same problem here. I am using vanilla AppleIntelCPUPM, as factory is. Could it be the problem?
Greetings and thanks for the great effort!

EDIT: my logs in attachment
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 01:04:07 PM by toadspit »

Superhai

• VoodooLabs
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 03:07:28 AM »
I am not able to recreate a situation where it is not working with the non-debug version. So unless more information shows up there is for the moment no fix.

factory

• Entrant
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 03:11:19 AM »
I've attached in other post my dsdt. Could you check if I've missed a battery or power adapter part in it?
I think this is the problem 'cause I have another problem: Auto-Sleep doesn't work.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Greets!