Author Topic: Chameleon randomly stopped loading OSX :(  (Read 2498 times)

Jeff91

• Entrant
    • Thoughts on Technology
Chameleon randomly stopped loading OSX :(
« on: July 28, 2010, 11:50:55 PM »
So I have OSX and Ubuntu dual booted on my system. Grub2 is my main boot loader, but I also have Chameleon installed (which Grub2 chainloads into when I select OSX at startup. This was working perfectly fine for awhile, however when I went to reboot from Ubuntu into OSX last night (Starcraft just released and all haha) I discovered Chameleon no longer loads OSX... I am given the Apple icon to select and I can even pass boot arguments too it, but the system simply hangs when you select the icon to boot into (or wait for the timeout to be up). It never even starts to boot into OSX, it hangs at Chameleon.

I know my OSX install still works because if I have Grub2 boot right into OSX it works fine - the only issue with this is I have my graphics enabled by Chameleon for my nVidia chip - meaning if I boot into OSX from grub2 I have no video acceleration.

Any suggestions/help?

Thanks,
~Jeff Hoogland

Spike

• Entrant
Re: Chameleon randomly stopped loading OSX :(
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 04:05:56 AM »
Hi Jeff,

I had a "somewhat" "kind of" similar thing happen to me recently. Admittedly my setup and what I am doing is not the same as you, but maybe the resolution is the same......it can't hurt to try  :) :)

Here is a link to a post that I started on the Efix Users site......basically it ended up being a flaky Time Machine drive but it was really strange how it affected the system.

http://efixusers.com/showthread.php?t=874

Hope it helps
GA-EP45-DS4P | Q9550 | 8 GB | 9800GTX+ | 10.6.4