Author Topic: VT1708B Snow Leopard 10.6.3  (Read 3117 times)

m3s_4ev3r

• Entrant
VT1708B Snow Leopard 10.6.3
« on: June 08, 2010, 07:36:18 PM »

I'm an idiot, I just wrote the motherload of post and it got deleted, FF crashed ....

Anyhow,

Hello!

I have a VT1708B audio onboard of a ASUS M3N78 with Snow Leopard 10.6.3.

I went through countless versions of voodoohda's kext, all of them were a year or so old.

Like a month ago I stumbled upon a kext a mexican dude compiled in january and it almost works with my soundcard.

My goal is to make everything work (I have a 5.1 500W sistem on optical output and it's a shame not being able to use it properly), and YES, I am a noob, so no funny comments :D

I know that drivers are compiled in XCode, I just need to know how to get my driver correctly from windows (the pins) and where do I mpodify it in the source code before compiling it.

I speak very lighthly of this because it is the second time I am writing this post, I know that is a hardcore task for a beginner like me, I just need some hints.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks in Advance.

I attached the kext if anyone has need of it for a VT1708B audio chipse, but beware, it works only stereo, and sometimes (like now for me) the mic isn't recognized (by that I mean I whistle in it, I can hear it my speakers, but it is not recognized on skype, let's say)

m0jo

• Entrant
Re: VT1708B Snow Leopard 10.6.3
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 12:29:11 AM »
hello my friend :)

Can you tell my how to install snow leopard! i have the same motherboard :D
please help :p

--sorry from my bad english i am greek.