overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Chameleon Install Problem on Vertex LE SSD  (Read 2088 times)

mikok

• Entrant
Chameleon Install Problem on Vertex LE SSD
« on: June 24, 2010, 09:03:31 PM »
Install of Snow Leopard on Vertex Limited Edition 100 GB SSD on DX58SO MB works great if I use Chameleon RC2 automated installer package and then copy 'boot' file form RC4 to root directory.  If I try to use manual instal procedure from README file in doc directory of RC4 installation - OSx86 fails to boot from that SSD HD?!?  What is the different in  Chameleon RC2 automated installer package from manual install procedure?  :'(

Thanks in advance for any hint!  The answer to that question would help to understand what is different in Vertex LE behavior and help manage it properly. It is a different controller but it is unclear why it behaves differently on the SATA interface.

BTW: Manual install in the same computer works fine with regular Vertex SSD. OS also boots fine if Chameleon starts from another HD or memory stick and then I select Vertex LE SSD as the operating drive.

miko.k

• Entrant
Re: Chameleon Install Problem on Vertex LE SSD
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 02:51:18 PM »
To answer my own question, in case somebody else bumps into a similar problem: There are no problems with Vertex LE!!

LE does behave slightly differently than regular Vertex SSD in RAID 0 configuration. But OSx86 boots without a problem as long as you copy entire "Extra" folder and "mach kernel" to "Boot OSX" partition. Regular Vertex will pickup Extra from the main partition. (Not mentioned in Chameleon README file!).