Author Topic: Upgrade problem  (Read 2100 times)

Dentifrice

• Entrant
Upgrade problem
« on: July 01, 2010, 06:44:57 PM »
Hi,

I was running Chameleon RC2 but I upgraded to RC4 because of the Hide partitions features.

I was looking for an upgrade procedure and everyone seems to say that I have only to replace the /boot file with the new one.

So this is what I did and I rebooted. New version came up without problem. Partitions I wanted to hide weren't there anymore.

My Windows 7 boots perfectly. But my Mac OS dosen't boot anymore. In normal boot, I get the grey screen with the apple logo and it freeze there (no spinning loading circle). If I boot in verbose mode, I get this (screenshot), then right after that  a black screen and it freeze.

I put the old RC2 boot file in place, and everything works

I must do something wrong !

any idea ? thanks

kyndder

• Entrant
  • To Live is To Die
Re: Upgrade problem
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 05:29:41 PM »
Hi,

Try lizard.app, he has a simple intarface and must help you upgrading
your bootloader and a lot of other things.

About the black screen after you replace the boot file in /, i think it could
be your /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist., if happend again, try boot with
"GraphicsEnabler=No" without quotes.
MB:DG31PR / CPU:Quad Core Q6600 / RAM:4Gb DDR2 800 / Seventeam 500W / HD1:500Gb Samsung SATA II/ HD2: 250Gb Samsung SATA II/ HD3:1500Gb Samsung SATA II/ DRIVE: DVD-RW LG SATA / KB-Mouse Microsoft Wireless / LG W2284F 22" / GeForce 9600 GSO / Leopard 10.5.8 / Snow Leopard 10.6.6 x64 / Ubuntu 10.10 x64 / Wndows 7 / Haiku-OS (BeOS) / Chameleon 2 RC5

viloulo

• Entrant
Re: Upgrade problem
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 05:34:45 PM »
Hello!

I have the infamous GMA 4500m card.

Now to the problem I am facing: I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NS120AH (sold in Brazil).  With Chameleon 2 RC4 and Leopard 10.5.8 (using iATKOS v7, then iDeneb upgrade) I basically turned my Vaio into a MacBook, except for the Wireless Card. So, on Leopard I get my native resolution (1280x800) by installing Chameleon 2 and inserting Graphics Mode=1280x800x32 in com.apple.boot.plist.

Now here is what is really Killing me...
I can install Snow Leopard (Retail & Universal) just fine and absolutely everything works beautifully as long as I use Chameleon 1.

As soon as I try to run any version of Chameleon 2 (RC3, RC4, RC5), the boot time increases to over 2 minutes! But that is not the only problem.

Once I am at the Desktop, both the keyboard and the trackpad are active, but do not respond until 7 ou 8 minutes later! WTH??

I know this because if I press the Caps Key, it turns the little light ON and OFF as it should, and if I touch the trackpad the cursor moves normally. I just cannot "Type" nor "Click" anything for what seems like an eternity!

Oh yes! Chameleon 2 also kills my Atheros Wireless Card, all of sudden the system will say "No Airport Card Installed!"

So, I very very much need help, maybe someone experienced the same problem? Because I am sooo close to complete success... it would be a total bummer having to give up on Chameleon 2. It is the only way I can get my GMA 4500M to have its native resolution of 1280x800.

Someone please help? Thanks again