Author Topic: Strange problem dual booting Windows & Mac  (Read 2082 times)

xStoryTeller

• Entrant
Strange problem dual booting Windows & Mac
« on: July 08, 2010, 02:43:23 PM »
I am using Charmeleon together with easy bcd to easily dual boot Windows 7 & Mac, this has worked perfectly for about 2 months now, yet suddenly today Charmeleon wont let me boot into mac anymore. When I select my mac drive it goes to the next screen with the charmeleon logo and just sits there. I haven't changed anything yesterday, does anyone have a clue as to whats going on here ? I have tried booting -x -v -f all with the same result =/

tl;dr : Used to boot to mac fine, now suddenly it gets stuck on the charmeleon logo =/

gdg444

• Observer
Re: Strange problem dual booting Windows & Mac
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 02:57:21 PM »
I had this same issue yesterday when doing a complete re-install of OS X. Same set up, Windows 7, OS X dual boot with BCD and Chameleon. Both OS are on C: drive

All I had to do was boot in Windows 7 and Windows ran a disk check automatically, repaired whatever needed repairing, after that I was allowed to boot into OS X without issues with Chameleon.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 03:11:43 PM by gdg444 »

xStoryTeller

• Entrant
Re: Strange problem dual booting Windows & Mac
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 12:44:51 AM »
I ran a disk check and it still wouldnt get past the chameleon screen after I select my mac partition. Not sure what is going on here seeing as Charmeleon is on my mac partition, it see's my mac install and lets me select it and then it just seems to freeze =/ Any other idea's ?

EDIT: I fixed it, I created a new entry for my mac in EasyBCD, instead of the usual EFI boot method I used the MBR and it worked again, no idea why but I'm a happy camper.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 12:39:41 PM by xStoryTeller »