Author Topic: Chameleon suddenly loads all kexts from SL-device  (Read 2107 times)

funkyfrank

• Entrant
Chameleon suddenly loads all kexts from SL-device
« on: July 12, 2010, 12:26:50 PM »
Hi,

I successfully used Chameleon 2 rc4 with a SL 10.6.4 installation. It booted succesfully. Now I installed VoodooHDA 0.262 and suddenly Chameleon loads all the kexts from the Snow Leopard device, even before the OSX boot process starts. This results in a "Failed to load AppleUSBMergeHub 0xdc00800e" and "still waiting for bootdevice" error. The installation still loads successful on an iMac.

I believe the loading doesn't work anymore because the extra kexts are not loaded at first. How can I prevent chameleon from loading all kexts form Snow Leopard installation and instead force it to only load the extra kexts as it behaved before?

Thanks for help.

funkyfrank

• Entrant
Re: Chameleon suddenly loads all kexts from SL-device
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 11:03:39 AM »
No one can help me???

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Re: Chameleon suddenly loads all kexts from SL-device
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »
I don't personally use VoodooHDA so I can't offer any specific help for it, but are you saying that by adding VoodooHDA.kext, the boot process has changed? Can you give more details on how and where you added the kext? And does the process go back to how it was if you remove VoodooHDA.kext?
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB