overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Kernel Panic after installing Chameleon RC4  (Read 3228 times)

rdfrahm

• Entrant
Kernel Panic after installing Chameleon RC4
« on: July 13, 2010, 02:56:01 AM »
I decided to go from Chameleon 1 to Chameleon 2 RC4 and now my system dies with a kernel panic when booting.  This is the error I get:

Class "AppleACPIPS2Nub" is duplicate
Duplicate class
kmod_control/start failed for com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPS2Nub; destroying kmod
Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPS2Nub.

I've tried everything I can think of (and everything I've found from searching the internet) but can't get around this.  I can only find one instance AppleACPIPS2Nub on my hard disk, yet it says it's a duplicate.

Any idea what I might have done, or suggestions for how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Rich

rdfrahm

• Entrant
Re: Kernel Panic after installing Chameleon RC4
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 04:10:22 AM »
OK...I got around the problem by reinstalling Chameleon 1 from my iAtkos CD so I'm back in business.  But, what's the proper method for me to now install Chameleon 2 RC4?

Thanks,
Rich

rdfrahm

• Entrant
Re: Kernel Panic after installing Chameleon RC4
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 06:02:17 PM »
So I decided to try again.  This time I used Dr. Hurt's installer package and still get a kernel panic while trying to boot.  I really don't think the problem with AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext that I referenced in my first post was causing the problem.  When I boot my Acer Aspire One in verbose mode I see the same message but it boots fine.  The message I'm getting now is:

7/13/10 9:12:21 AM kernel From path: "uuid", 
7/13/10 9:12:21 AM kernel Waiting for boot volume with UUID EA770992-05C0-3424-BF0F-D1EC22D3F52F
7/13/10 9:12:21 AM kernel Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

Any idea what this means and how I resolve it?

Thanks,
Rich