Author Topic: Windows has overwritten my bootloder. How can I fix that?  (Read 3010 times)

phr

• Entrant
Windows has overwritten my bootloder. How can I fix that?
« on: August 16, 2010, 01:13:15 AM »
Hey guys! :-)

I'm kinda new to this, so please don't act angry, if my answer sounds somehow stupid or has been already answered.
Alright.. I'm running OSX on the first partition and I've installed Windows XP on the second one. Windows has overwritten my old bootloader and now It's booting only XP, automatically.
I've booted into OSX via my USB flash drive with rd=disk0s1 argument and I've followed and applied the steps described in the normal install guide for the latest Chameleon RC. After that, it was still automatically booting XP.
The only thing I've noticed on boot after applying the few commands, was a text: boot0: Done. ..and then it booted Windows.

What am I missing? How can I set Chameleon to see my Windows XP partiton, for which I think is rdisk0s2?

Thank you for your answers!

Much love.

phr

• Entrant
Re: Windows has overwritten my bootloder. How can I fix that?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 04:02:30 PM »
anyone?  ???

zef

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 04:08:19 PM »
Activate your Mac OS partition :)
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | i5-2500k | 16GB RAM | GTX560 | Keyboard | Mouse | Devilsound DAC

spalek83

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 08:18:48 AM »
    Reconfigure your BIOS to boot from the DVD first and then the Win7 drive
    Boot the machine from the Win7 DVD
    After the language select screen, choose "Repair your computer" from the lower left
    You'll see a list of "System Recovery Options". Open up the Command Prompt
    You're going to use DISKPART to make the OS X partition active. You can type "HELP" for a list of commands or check out Microsoft's help page. Basically you select the drive first ("LIST DRIVES" and then "SELECT DRIVE [number]") and then the partition ("LIST PARTITION" and then "SELECT PARTITION [number]") where OS X is installed. Then type "ACTIVE" to make the selected partition active.
10.7 + Win 7 + Ubuntu
SyncMaster 2433BW ~ GA-P55M-UD4 ~ i7 860 ~ GTS 250 ~ SAMSUNG HD103UJ/1TB

cobo10201

• Entrant
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 02:17:45 AM »
The post above has the right idea but when I tried that I got an error saying that the was no boot media. You should have a 200MB partition which is the Chameleon bootloader. Set it as the active partition.

Zane

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 06:50:01 PM »
The post above has the right idea but when I tried that I got an error saying that the was no boot media. You should have a 200MB partition which is the Chameleon bootloader. Set it as the active partition.

I thought the 200MB partition only applies if you're using Chameleon on the EFI Partition.
http://bit.ly/osx86log Lenovo Y550P OSx86 Log
http://bit.ly/envyosx64log HP Envy 15 1150nr OSx64 log