Author Topic: AHCIPortInjector.kext like for plugins in IONetworkingFamily.kext  (Read 8297 times)

DooV

Would it be possible to add new injectors for the plugins in IONetworkingFamily.kext? Specifically for AppleYukon2.kext since lots of onboard NIC's works by just editing its info.plist. It's a pain in the ass having to mod the plist with every new Os X update.

Thanks in advance.

Terc

• Forum Moderator
Re: AHCIPortInjector.kext like for plugins in IONetworkingFamily.kext
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 10:54:47 PM »
If you look carefully at the format of the injector kexts, you'll see how to do this yourself.  Post a working injector kext and it will most likely be added.  (I did this for ICH10 chipset already)

DooV

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 04:46:35 AM »
Yep, that's what I thought when I first took a look at the included kext's info.plist. But I wasn't sure about being able to make your own injectors by just creating the plist and naming the kext whateverInjector.kext.

Is that right?

Is xxxxxxxInjector.kext the trigger to force Chameleon to load the extra info in the plist in addition to the original.

Thanks in advance.

Terc

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 06:54:15 AM »
Sorry I responded so quickly there.  I didn't really read your whole question I guess, since my example (ICH10) was using only additions to an existing injector kext.  I'm not certain if it would work with others.  Let me know if you have any luck, I'm currently trying to get audio working with this method, and getting nowhere.