Author Topic: Cannot resume from hibernation (deep sleep)  (Read 12708 times)

Monkey_@@

• Entrant
Cannot resume from hibernation (deep sleep)
« on: April 07, 2009, 08:14:13 AM »
Despite of the "Revealing more features, part 2" topic at http://chameleon.osx86.hu I can't resume from Hibernation. The sleep image is created, the laptop shutsdown but the image is not loaded when trying to resume.

Thanks,

M.
Leopard 10.5.7 vanilla | Dual-boot with Chameleon 2.0RC1: Vista 64-bit GPT | Brand:HP DV6663cl | CPU: 2.2 GHz Intel® Core™ 2 Duo | Memory: 4096 MB | NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M GS  | Realtek ALC268 with autosensing | SpeedStep: working | Sleep: working | Shutdown: working | Ricoh Card Reader

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Re: Cannot resume from hibernation (deep sleep)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 04:13:43 PM »
Yeah, the same happens for me. I miss deep sleep. It used to work perfectly when I used PC_EFI v9 (I posted about it here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=135948&view=findpost&p=1114225). But ever since the upgrade to v2 RC1 it fails to resume the sleepimage from /private/var/vm.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 10:36:06 PM by Blackosx »
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

stuart

• Observer
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 01:35:40 AM »

I have a Samsung NC10 Atom-based netbook, and have the same issue: the sleep image is created, and when the machine is restarted after deep sleep and then battery removal, it takes about five minutes to start.

However, it eventually boots to a fresh desktop, rather than the suspended session.

stig_dk

• Entrant
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 08:41:30 AM »
Hi
Same issue here, MSI Wind w. 2gb memory.

Booting without the GUI reveals this message:

mem_base 14100000
Not enough space to restore image. Press any key to proceed with normal boot.

cheers
/Stig

CyberGreg

• Entrant
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 09:45:17 PM »
x 3 here, all MSi Wind's single OS X installs with 2GB's. On previous EFIv9 boot file hibernate worked fine but no-go on the Chameleon RC1 even with ForceWake=y

:-\

Shoesy

• Entrant
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »
Same here: acer aspire one, worked (sometimes!) with pcefi9, but now either says nothing, or tells me that it has been too many seconds...

Still - looks pretty whilst it does it!

ilium007

• Entrant
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 03:24:19 AM »
Me either - Wind U100 with retail OS X 10.5.6 install. No hibernate support.

fyangster

• Entrant
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 06:27:38 PM »
Same here can't wake up from hibernation mode.
system is (lati D610) I've to restore the image back to get it working again without ChameleonV.2

It work on my desktop only (optiplex GX280) but not laptop.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 06:33:39 PM by fyangster »

faust93

• Entrant
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 02:28:27 PM »
Same thing. MSI Wind U100.

rcfa

Hi,

aside from some more general background questions asked in my previous post, there is currently only one stumbling block that affects my current system operation, and that is that hibernation, or better, waking from hibernation, does not work.

When I sleep my computer (either shutting the display, selecting sleep from the Apple menu, or hitting the power button and selecting sleep from the resulting dialog) I can clearly see the delay and disk activity that results from /private/var/vm/sleepimage being written. The modification time and size also speak for that part of things working as they should.
The system, as long as power remains, also properly wakes up, but obviously, for that it doesn't need the sleep image. If I e.g. remove the battery while the system is sleeping and then power it back on, it will do a regular boot, and maybe print a message of the sleepimage being too old. Even when I type ForceWake=yes at the Chameleon prompt, it will still boot normally and land me at the login screen, etc. rather than restoring the sleepimage.

What's the problem here? Is this a BIOS issue, a Chameleon Bug, or some user stupidity in e.g. missing options in the com.apple.boot.plist file? It would help my piece of mind if I knew I could hibernate, rather than just sleep my computer...

Hints as usual welcome, answers even more so ;)

Config:
Computer: EeePC 1000HE, Atom N280, 0802 firmware, 2GB RAM, Broadcom WiFi (original Apple card), 500GB disk drive. The last three items are upgrades from the original config, but I'd think only the 2GB RAM might be of relevance here... Chameleon 2.0RC1
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 12:21:01 AM by rcfa »

SimonB

• Entrant
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 06:12:03 AM »
Same problem on an Eee 1000HA. I can go back and forth between Cham 2 (not working) and PC EFI v9 (working)... I thought I'd forgotten to look in the boot arguments but everything seems allright there. It's sad because it means I have to choose between functionality and good looks.

If anyone is able to hibernate with an Atom netbook and Chameleon, please tell us how you do it. It might well be down to different dsdt's.

hilobok

• Entrant
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 02:34:36 PM »
I have the same on my MSI Wind U100.

According to Mackerintel's comments on http://chameleon.osx86.hu/articles/chameleon-20rc1-is-out (comments #140, #149) it's a bug in Chameleon and it's fixable. Maybe somebody knows when it can be fixed?

rcfa

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 07:41:20 PM »
I have the same on my MSI Wind U100.

According to Mackerintel's comments on http://chameleon.osx86.hu/articles/chameleon-20rc1-is-out (comments #140, #149) it's a bug in Chameleon and it's fixable. Maybe somebody knows when it can be fixed?

Sweet, not that it's a bug, but that it's recognized as one. Given that we have only 2.0RC1 and not 2.0-final, there's a good chance then, that it might get fixed reasonably soon, and that is sweet.