Chameleon > Questions & Info

[Solved] "invisible" console font?

(1/1)

windysnow:
Hi there,

after plenty months of messing around with Windows, I finally got the Snow Leopard Retail version running just perfect on my MSI Wind U100 netbook, of course in combination with the Chameleon boot loader :)

Since I already got the BIOS flashed with the legitimate apple logo (the one in front of a grey background during boot time), I'm trying to get a perfect "flawless" boot (just the boot image and then the desktop), but there's one thing which is still bugging me: The "press any key to enter boot options"-stuff. I already got the "boot banner" set to "no".

So I was trying to disable it by creating a new console font with the #BFBFBF hex color code (same as the background) and putting it into the EFi partition, but that just looks stupid (because the letters are having some sort of shadow).

Finally: Is there any way to totally disable the console font? Deleting the .png file? Or putting an empty one in instead?

Greets
WindySnow :)

PS: Sorry if there are any grammatical and/or spelling mistakes in this text. I don't speak english natively.

Mod Edit: Appended [Solved] to post title.

Blackosx:

--- Quote from: windysnow on September 12, 2010, 10:21:12 PM ---Finally: Is there any way to totally disable the console font? Deleting the .png file? Or putting an empty one in instead?

--- End quote ---
Hi windysnow

The only way you could do this is to use a blank font_small.png file as you've already guessed. As long as you don't have the need to identify multiple partitions of the same type then you can do without it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version