Author Topic: [Solved] Matrix Theme - possible?  (Read 3077 times)

kubus_pl

• Entrant
[Solved] Matrix Theme - possible?
« on: September 14, 2010, 07:03:32 PM »
Hey. I would just wanna know, is that theme possible to make? It is just a photoshop project. "MAC OS X" and "WIN NTFS" in the middle of the screen are devices, the white square is a highlight. I dont really know where the boot menu could be. When it is possible, what device x/y etc. options should I use?

Mod Edit: Appended [Solved] to post title.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 08:33:09 AM by Blackosx »

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Re: Matrix Theme - possible?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 03:58:08 PM »
Hi kubus_pl

Good idea and I'm sure you can come up with something which resembles the preview you've posted.

You could have the device icons as words as have it, and to stop Chameleon overlaying the device names you could use a blank font_small file, although unless you only have a couple of devices it will then be hard to identify which drive is which.

You can play with using devices_layout as vertical in the theme.plist to achieve vertically aligned devices although as they are quite tall (WIN NTFS for example) it might be worth considering having them listed horizontally across the screen to make it easier to fit on the screen..

For the boot menu, you can use an opaque menu background and place it wherever you want and it will be visible when activated. As for x/y coordinates etc. that's for you to play with when designing the theme ;)

Good luck and I look forward to seeing a finished example sometime in the future.
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB