overdue-scratch

Author Topic: I want to install OSX on my mac pro (non apple GPU)  (Read 2113 times)

swisstony

• Entrant
I want to install OSX on my mac pro (non apple GPU)
« on: September 19, 2010, 12:21:05 PM »
I have seen on the FAQ that installing Chameleon on a real mac will do it no good whatsoever, the issue i have at the moment is that I need a powerful GPU to do my work on my macpro (at the moment only running win7) but i would like to use OSX for programs that arent about on windows.

Ive looked into netkas and his injectors for GPUs on mac but this requires a nvidia apple gpu £££ alongside my nvidia 275 gpu...

So i wonder if i could installed hackintosh on my mac to get the GPU up and running that would be great; only if both DVI outputs work

If this is retarded let me know!

Thanks
st

Kabyl

• VoodooLabs
Re: I want to install OSX on my mac pro (non apple GPU)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 09:28:54 AM »
Ive looked into netkas and his injectors for GPUs on mac but this requires a nvidia apple gpu £££ alongside my nvidia 275 gpu...
Not necessarily an expensive GPU, the Mac 7300GT should do, that's if you're not fine with the black screen before the 275 is used.

So i wonder if i could installed hackintosh on my mac to get the GPU up and running that would be great; only if both DVI outputs work
That's for you to find out, if you bought that card you must have heard it does what you need.

If this is retarded let me know!
Not really :)