Author Topic: [FIXED] Command key does not work (VMware)  (Read 5345 times)

X

• Entrant
[FIXED] Command key does not work (VMware)
« on: April 15, 2009, 07:01:34 PM »
I'm running OSX in a VMware machine using a Linux host.  VMware's USB virtual keyboard emulation has some problems with key lagging and "stuck" repeating keys so I'm trying to use PS/2 mode (keyboard.vusb.enable = "FALSE").

This VoodooPS2Controller does work nicely to get the PS/2 keyboard recognized and it seems to work for the most part but the "Command" key doesn't seem to work with it (the old original ApplePS2Controller has the same problem).  When using the USB mode that key is mapped to the "Windows" key on my PC keyboard.  When using this PS/2 driver it changes the Windows key to something else that isn't the Apple Command modifier key so for example trying to Command-C copy in terminal just sends some funky character instead of doing a copy (same for Command-Q, Command-V, Command-whatever).

Is the source for this stuff available?  I'd be more than happy to take a look at debugging it.

OK, I see that the "Alt" key is now the Command key.  That actually makes more sense than the Windows key (which I guess is the Alt key now).

So not a bug (forum won't let me delete this post ;) )
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 11:37:50 PM by mackerintel »