overdue-scratch

Author Topic: [SOLVED] ALC269 10ec:0269 & Nvidia 330m HDMI Larsen effect!!!  (Read 26873 times)

narandill

• Entrant
[SOLVED] ALC269 10ec:0269 & Nvidia 330m HDMI Larsen effect!!!
« on: October 25, 2010, 11:06:17 PM »
Hello,

ALC269 10ec:0269 (rev 05) & Nvidia 330m HDM 10de:0be2

Ive installed VoodooHDA 2.7.2 with pref pane on Samsung R590. Sound works but with Larsen effect. I would be very happy if somone could point a way for repairing the Larsen effect!
 I don't know how to fix those problems:

Issues:

Larsen effect!
any use of pref panel (Shows 4 entries of "Digital-out (HDMI)")
Random KP on booting (somthing with AppleRTC)

Works:

Output from internal speakers
Output from Headphones Jack
Volume Control

Not tested:

mic not tested (larsen)
HDMI audio

Thanks for ANY help!

« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:23:46 AM by narandill »

narandill

• Entrant
Re: ALC269 10ec:0269 & Nvidia 330m HDMI Larsen effect!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 12:52:46 AM »
Solved!! Close this topic!

Solution is to edit VoodooHDA 2.7.2 plist:

Change iGan from 90 to 0
Change iMix from 0 to 70
Add Mic entry with value 70

Now no Larsen effect, sound works, mic works (don't know what about HDMI).

Big thanks to Zane - he provided me solution!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:23:06 AM by narandill »

Elch

• Entrant
Re: [SOLVED] ALC269 10ec:0269 & Nvidia 330m HDMI Larsen effect!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 02:41:21 AM »
Thanks Narandill, this is excellent! I was about to deinstall VoodoHDA and give up on this until the next verion of VoodoHDA is available.

However it is not a complete solution, at least not on my Samsung RF710. Narandill, please check if you really can use your mic, especially the built in mic. Try in in an application, such as iChat or skype.

This is what I get in the Samsung RF710:

The change in iGain from 90 to 0 is having the very welcome effect that the Larsen effect starts much later. Now the volume can be set to a level where you can actually use the built in speakers. Nevertheless the mic is still always on and directly outputting to the speakers. Full volume gives you Larsen.

A Workaround is to plug in an external mic and direct it away from the speakers, now almost no Larsen, even at high volume.

And/or plug in a headset, so the mic doesn't hear the speakers output.

As long as the direct connection mic -> speakers is not solved, it would be great to have a setting to switch off the mic completely (plugging in a cut-off plug or a mic is not very practical if on the road with the notebook). Adding Mic=0 doesn't switch it off. Is there such a setting?

derekreid

• Entrant
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 04:51:32 AM »
I have this problem as well on my Samsung R480.

Going back to a VoodooHDA where my mic doesn't work, speakers without feedback/Larsen effect are much more important for me.

Please post if you get a complete solution!

narandill

• Entrant
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 02:10:28 PM »
Thanks Narandill, this is excellent! I was about to deinstall VoodoHDA and give up on this until the next verion of VoodoHDA is available.

However it is not a complete solution, at least not on my Samsung RF710. Narandill, please check if you really can use your mic, especially the built in mic. Try in in an application, such as iChat or skype.

Make sure, that you are doing clean & fresh install of VoodooHDA. Delete all previous voodoohda editions, restore original applehda.kext. I used the VoodooHDA 2.7.2 installer (pkg), then I'm imported hacked VoodooHda.kext by Kext Helper.

Zane

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 11:00:19 AM »

This is what I get in the Samsung RF710:

The change in iGain from 90 to 0 is having the very welcome effect that the Larsen effect starts much later. Now the volume can be set to a level where you can actually use the built in speakers. Nevertheless the mic is still always on and directly outputting to the speakers. Full volume gives you Larsen.

A Workaround is to plug in an external mic and direct it away from the speakers, now almost no Larsen, even at high volume.

And/or plug in a headset, so the mic doesn't hear the speakers output.

As long as the direct connection mic -> speakers is not solved, it would be great to have a setting to switch off the mic completely (plugging in a cut-off plug or a mic is not very practical if on the road with the notebook). Adding Mic=0 doesn't switch it off. Is there such a setting?

I have this problem as well on my Samsung R480.

Going back to a VoodooHDA where my mic doesn't work, speakers without feedback/Larsen effect are much more important for me.

Please post if you get a complete solution!

I would very much like a VoodooHDA Dump and dump files you can get so i can see if i can build a working VoodooHDA for you guys.

Get me all the files from Chapter I from http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=465. and After you post the files, if i do not reply please send a Personal Message to me. I have much more time now so i can try to help you guys. No promises as usual.
http://bit.ly/osx86log Lenovo Y550P OSx86 Log
http://bit.ly/envyosx64log HP Envy 15 1150nr OSx64 log

artimess

• Entrant
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 12:07:51 AM »

I would very much like a VoodooHDA Dump and dump files you can get so i can see if i can build a working VoodooHDA for you guys.

Get me all the files from Chapter I from http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=465. and After you post the files, if i do not reply please send a Personal Message to me. I have much more time now so i can try to help you guys. No promises as usual.

Here is an output from diabolik web site as The King suggests. FYI I am also including an AppleHDA zip that if you apply works, except for Mic.  At least you get the sound.  Hope you can help.  This is really a big major issue for many of us.
Artimess

xabdullahx

• Entrant
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 01:10:21 PM »
Sorry for bumping this, but i really need help.
Been fighting with this problem for a couple of days now, but i can't get it to work. Here's what I've done;

1. Downed this: http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2236
2. Opened the plist, changed it according to this format: 0x4numbereddeviceid4numberedVendorid, used the values in here:

conclusion of step two: i edited this
Code: [Select]
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x3B568086</string>
to this
Code: [Select]
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x026910ec</string>
3. Put the kext on usb, restarted in mac and installed kext via kext helper

The output of what i did; first time after installion of kext i will get a kernel panic, but when i restart the machine a few times it will eventually boot up.
I've tried doing that with a different kexts (even voodoohda 2.7.2) but it won't work, sometimes i get larsen effect, but sound doesn't work. And i can't let mac go to sleep because the screen turns black but the computer is still working, and i will have to restart the computer via the power button.

My computer is an Acer Aspire 5745G
Nvidia Geforce GT 330m
Intel core i5 450m
Chipset intel HM55
Soundcard ALC269

What i don't get is the relationship between the graphicscard and the audiocard.

Could anyone help me out :)?