Author Topic: Very Odd  (Read 3532 times)

Headspin

• Observer
Very Odd
« on: October 26, 2010, 05:00:47 AM »
Not sure if its the trackpad causing this or the HDAkext.. So since I feel its the trackpad I will post it in this section...

Problem:  When my finger is removed from the trackpad, audio starts to get choppy and lag badly.. but if i place my finger on the trackpad (moving my finger or not) audio works. If my move my usb mouse, the audio works perfectly as well but the second my finger is not on the trackpad or my usb mouse is not in motion, audio gets screwed up.. just placing a finger on the trackpad causes audio to work perfectly smooth!

Also note that in system profiler it shows no built in audio but for some reason I hear sound if I place a finger on the pad or i hear choppy sound without it.

Kexts:

VoodooHDA 2.72

&

trip2me's fixes + trackpad timeout fix (from here: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,718.0.html)

Please Help me, it will be much appreciated as I've been trying to figure it out for 3 days straight now and still cant get it to work without the finger trackpad thing.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 05:03:36 AM by Headspin »

Headspin

• Observer
Re: Very Odd
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 03:24:32 AM »
so uhh no one?? I tried reinstalling all my kexts, I even reinstalled OSX 10.6.4 and it still doesnt help.. I changed Graphic driver... Still wont help... One thing I noticed, when photobooth is open, my mouse flashes quite a bit, its as if my trackpad is detecting my finger going on and off, on and off, on and off... when I put my finger on it still flashes so I doubt thats the problem but rather I feel its the voodoops2kext or the VoodooHDA kext...

Also tap to click doesnt work... two finger scrolling works, scrolling on the side works but tap to click doesnt work, gotta use the actual button im not sure if this is the reason the audio doesnt work...

It has to be the voodoops2kext because when I keep my finger on the pad without even moving it, it is perfect, if I put anything electric/hot on the pad, it detects it as my finger and works... so the kext must be timing out for some reason??

*sigh* 58 views and not one response from any members or mods... -_-
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 01:06:11 AM by Headspin »

Headspin

• Observer
Re: Very Odd
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 01:43:09 AM »
Found this source code here: http://www.synaptics.com/sites/default/files/ACF126.pdf?q=decaf/utilities/ACF126.pdf

Not sure if itll help anyone or help the devs... but I guess it uses the isFinger() class... :( gotta fix myself since no one can help...

Code: [Select]
#include "TouchPad.h"
CTouchPad* pTouchPad;
void MyInitTouchPad()
{
pTouchPad = new CTouchPad; // Create the CTouchPad object.
if (!pTouchPad->IsTouchPad()) {
MessageBox("No Synaptics TouchPad detected. Exiting.\n");
PostQuitMessage(0);
delete pTouchPad;
return;
}
pTouchPad->SetupFeed(hMyWnd, iMyMessage); // Set up messaging.
pTouchPad->StartFeed(); // Start the flow of TouchPad packets.
}
// If using MFC and the MS Development environment, set up a Windows
// message handler:
BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(MyClass, CWnd)
ON_MESSAGE(iMyMessage, OnSynTpFeed)
END_MESSAGE_MAP()
// Otherwise, in a non-MFC windows program, your window procedure will
// be called as follows:
// LRESULT CALLBACK MyWndProc(hMyWnd, iMyMessage, wParam, lParam)
// and will then probably call OnSynTpFeed(wParam, lParam) or some such handler.
LRESULT OnSynTpFeed(UINT wParam, LONG lParam)
{
ASSERT(lParam);
// Create a CTouchPadPacket object with data for this packet.
// wParam holds a packet sequence number used for validation and lParam contains
// a pointer to the CTouchPad object that sent the message.
CTouchPadPacket pkt((CTouchPad*) lParam, wParam);
if (pkt.IsValid()) {
// It is important to check the IsFinger bit, because x and y are not valid
// unless a finger is on the pad (and thus IsFinger is TRUE).
MyProcessPacket(pkt.GetX(), pkt.GetY(), pkt.GetZ(), pkt.IsFinger());
}
}