Author Topic: Asus P5B-Deluxe (AD1988B)  (Read 2497 times)

wildbomb

• Entrant
Asus P5B-Deluxe (AD1988B)
« on: April 15, 2009, 10:11:27 PM »
On monday I tested 0.2.1 (svn rev 2) and got a lot of devices in the sound preferences. What impressed me the most, was that both front and back MICs got detected and kinda worked. I could here myself on the speakers, but no input could be recorded. I reverted back to Azalia, because of the missing volume controls and muting.

Today I was happy to see that someone picked up the project and that there is a new revision in the svn repository.
I compiled rev 3 and now I have 3 Output devices and 1 Input device:

Output:
- Unknown: this are the stereo speakers (works)
- Headphones: front audio output (works)
- SPDIF-out: can not test this right now

Input:
- Mic: only one input is detected, with rev 2 there were 2. This input is not working right now.

Both outputs "Unknown" and "Headphones" can be muted and the volume control works perfectly, but I hear a little distortion in the output. When I mute the sound, I hear a "clack", as if I would pull the speaker cable out of the jack.

I'm posting a Codec dump I did with rev 3 of getdump.
It would be very nice if we could get the AD1988B in the Asus P5B-Deluxe working, since no HDAPatcher could do the job right previously.

I wish I could help, but I'm no hardware drivers guy. I'm more a consumer software developer.

wildbomb

• Entrant
Re: Asus P5B-Deluxe (AD1988B)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 10:35:00 PM »
With the new 2.2 + prefPane I was able to get the Mic back to work, at least when I speak at the mic I can here myself on the speakers very clearly. The problem I still have is, that the Mic settings don't show any audio level (the blue bar that shows how loudly you are speaking). Because of that I don't have any recording audio in Quicktime or iChat.
Do I have to change some settings for the Mic input to be routed correctly or is it still a bug in the driver?

Thanks!