Chameleon > Feature Requests

Boot screen

<< < (2/4) > >>

Azimutz:
You just need to press any key while in countdown to enter the menu and see all choices.

crabhunter:
as I said in my original post, I would like to see the choices displayed as the timer is counting down.
Not one or the other.
I would like my cake and be able to eat it as well ;)
Mike

Gringo Vermelho:
I misread you before.

AFAIK what you want is not possible, you can only have the countdown bar on the screen that shows the "default partition".

You can use Instant Menu=y to go straight to the graphical device selector. But Instant Menu=y will override the timeout setting..so you'll have to manually select which partition to boot.

Looks like you can have your cake, but someone else will be eating it for now.  :o

/EDIT

Oh damn, I AM going crazy, we're in the feature requests sub-forum. lol

Azimutz:

--- Quote from: crabhunter on November 22, 2010, 02:41:36 PM ---as I said in my original post, I would like to see the choices displayed as the timer is counting down.
Not one or the other.
I would like my cake and be able to eat it as well ;)
Mike

--- End quote ---
yeah, i got it, but still doesn't make sense to me. What's the point? The usefulness?

--- Quote from: crabhunter on November 21, 2010, 06:58:56 PM ---I think it would be more obvious to the rest of my family what choices they have when they boot the computer.
Mike

--- End quote ---
The best you can do for them is have no Timeout at all, go straight to menu.. i think ;)

crabhunter:
ha, ha, you're mad, you're losing it.
calm down and have a stiff drink.
All this stuff does your head in.
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version