Author Topic: No Boot Menu, OSX and Win7 both installed on separate hard drives...  (Read 2217 times)

FromTheShadows

• Entrant
So I have 2 2TB hard drives in my new build and I'm trying to hackintosh it.   I installed Win7 on one of the drives, and installed OSX on the other using iboot and all that goodness.   I installed multiboot, put in the RC5 instead that's supposed to work better with Win7, and there is absolutely no boot menu when I fire up the computer.   It just loads straight into windows and doesn't give me the option, which is kind of a pain if you ask me.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

xaritas

• Entrant
Re: No Boot Menu, OSX and Win7 both installed on separate hard drives...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 06:26:34 PM »
My guess: you have the Windows disk plugged into channel 0 and your OS X disk plugged into channel 1.  Your BIOS will boot channel 0 by default.  You can either swap the ports that they are plugged into on your motherboard1 or change the boot sequence in your BIOS2.  Your BIOS probably gives you a chance to select the boot drive before it executes the boot sequence, so you can experiment with this theory.  F12 on my system, but use whatever your board says.

1: I can't guarantee that Windows or Chameleon don't have a dependency on the physical channel.  It's unlikely but I suppose it is possible.
2: Any time you reset CMOS (such as when you upgrade your BIOS) you'll have to change the boot order again.