overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Question about 2TB drive  (Read 2115 times)

cactusjack901

• Entrant
Question about 2TB drive
« on: December 15, 2010, 02:22:57 AM »
I have an EeePC 1005HA-B with a 160 GB internal drive, dedicated solely to OS X.  On top of that, I have a 2 TB external Western Digital harddrive, with three partitions.  One partition is a 256 GB Time Machine partition, the next is 256 GB, and the third is 512 GB.  They are all HFS+ formatted, and the harddrive uses a GUID partition table.

When I restart my machine, or if I hang around in the BIOS long enough for the harddrive to establish a connection, Chameleon spits out a memory allocation error (specifically 0xDEADBEEF).  This being said I would like to add two more partitions to this external harddrive and install Windows XP and Linux on it, and use Chameleon, installed on the internal harddrive, as my bootloader, but this memory allocation error, prevents me from doing this.  Is there any way around this, so I can achieve my goal, or would I be better off getting another, smaller, external HDD, for these operating systems?

It would also be worthwhile to note that I currently use the beta of Chameleon 2.0 RC5 that can be found at the insanelymac forums.

Thank you for your time.

crabhunter

Re: Question about 2TB drive
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 07:15:03 AM »
If you want to boot XP with Chameleon then Chameleon has to be on the same HD as XP.
HTH
Mike